Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
+ Reply
  1. Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  
    iMore Question

Default iPhone 4S iOS 7.0.6

my iphone which i have listed the specs above is jailbroken and i forgot the password. my stupid thoughts made me go on 'Find My iPhone' on the computer and i clicked erase -_-

i can switch my phone perfectly but 10 seconds after its on, it will start to erase and that's where i keep in rebooting it. can i restore the iPhone without updating to iOS 7.1???

Default Re: iPhone 4S iOS 7.0.6

If you were able to login online via the iCloud website to erase the phone then you should not be experiencing a boot loop like you are claiming. Still, you should be able to connect it to iTunes and restore it or restore it from your last backup using the version you had on it prior to wiping it. If you did not back it up beforehand, you are out of luck and will have to update to iOS 7.1.
    iMore Genius

14,252 Posts
    Global Posts
    18,414 Global Posts

Default Re: iPhone 4S iOS 7.0.6

Yes you have no choice but to go ahead with 7.1 but you will have gained 2 things - A brand new like phone and a weekend that is not ruined. Thank you for stopping in and Welcome to the forum.