ipad turns on.. But the screen is black. Help!!

I

iMore Question

I have tried all of the suggested methods to resoving this issue & nothing is working! Any assistance would be greatly appreciated!!

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Is the screen dark, but its contents visible or totally blacked out? If the latter, are you certain you're not in DFU mode? If you're unsure, connect the device to your computer and initiate the iTunes app. If iTunes state that it detects your device in recovery, then you are indeed in DFU mode and will probably need to restore your device. Alternatively, you can try holding both the power button and the home button until you see the Apple logo - no more than 15 seconds to see if you can boot to your home screen. If either of the above fail, assume your display is fried and make a Genius Bar appointment with the nearest Apple Store.

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
Your iPad has been possessed with the soul of the dark spirit Zeethul...my suggestion would be to have a seance, demanding the spirit to leave your device (a small goat is a common form of sacrifice/offering in such a case). Hopefully afterwards, you'll find your iPad works without this issue!

Your other option is to contact your local Apple store, setup an appointment and see about a replacement/repair.