Which phone should I get - The iPhone 5C or the Samsung Galaxy S4?

I

iMore Question

Now I have to decide between two phones: iphone 5C or Galaxy S4?

Highrisedrifter

Sep 19, 2012
Visit site
It's very much horses for courses. It depends on what you are looking for from a phone. Do you want a bigger screen? Go for the S4, do you want the phone to just work with the minimum of fuss? Go for the iPhone.

There are many more questions that you can ask that would help narrow down your choices. Are you bothered about customisation or do you think once you've played with it you will get bored of customising your phone? The S5 is obviously bigger than the iPhone. is that an issue? Do you prefer the colours of the 5C over the S4?

Best thing you can do is ask yourself what is important to you and then do as jmburke1982 suggests above and find somewhere where you can view them side-by-side and see which one grabs your attention.

The other thing I do when I have an important decision is this... (bear with me and read to the end.)

Assign the 5C heads and the S4 tails, then toss a coin...

When the coin is in the air, I guarantee you will absolutely know which way you want it to land. There's your answer; the heart knows what it wants.

iOS Gravity

Sep 24, 2013
Visit site
It's very much horses for courses. It depends on what you are looking for from a phone. Do you want a bigger screen? Go for the S4, do you want the phone to just work with the minimum of fuss? Go for the iPhone.

There are many more questions that you can ask that would help narrow down your choices. Are you bothered about customisation or do you think once you've played with it you will get bored of customising your phone? The S5 is obviously bigger than the iPhone. is that an issue? Do you prefer the colours of the 5C over the S4?

Best thing you can do is ask yourself what is important to you and then do as jmburke1982 suggests above and find somewhere where you can view them side-by-side and see which one grabs your attention.

The other thing I do when I have an important decision is this... (bear with me and read to the end.)

When the coin is in the air, I guarantee you will absolutely know which way you want it to land. There's your answer; the heart knows what it wants.

That last part makes a whole lot of sense. :)

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Whichever device meet or exceed your needs more than the other. It's your money, your choice, and your decision....:)

phreddyl

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
You should get which phone you like better and suits your budget and needs. That being said you are on an apple blog so I vote iPhone

Jaguarr40

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
We all have our own opinions but it is your money, Your choice and for the life of me I will never understand why people ask us these questions... Oh I get it but we can't make up your mind for you. Only you can so go into the store. Look them both over and walk out with the one that makes sense to you on the long haul. In simple terms when you walk out with the iPhone you can come back and properly introduce yourself to us and we will be happy to start answering your questions you may have about it. Good luck.

pr1nce

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
Go to the store and take a look at both devices. Get the one that meets your needs. You're the one that's paying for it and will be using it. Good luck.

EauRouge

Trusted Member
Feb 6, 2013
Visit site
IMO, if you're considering the C device, you're looking at the B line of apple phones, and you'll always feel that way Get the S4. If you're considering a 5S, different ball game

projectman

Aug 3, 2012
Visit site

This is great. I am adding it into my decision making process from now on.

iOS Gravity

Sep 24, 2013
Visit site

I actually used this when I got my Galaxy Tab after owning my iPad Mini.