- iMore Newbie
- 14 Posts
truly delete gmail account in Mavericks
I am trying to rebuild a corrupt gmail account from scratch in Mavericks so I'd like to delete it and then re-add it as if it were a brand new account.
I've tried deleting the account from Internet Accounts in System Preferences, but every time I re-add it, all of my old corrupt emails are still sitting in Mail. It's clear that Mavericks is caching all of my old gmails and gmail settings somewhere (or in multiple places) in the library.
Could someone advise which library files to remove so that this account is truly deleted from my computer?
- 04-01-2014, 09:27 AM #2
- 04-01-2014, 09:37 AM #3
Re: truly delete gmail account in Mavericks
There, you will find the com.apple.mail folder. I don't have Gmail configured with my MacBook running OS X Mavericks so I can't say whether or not there's a com.google.mail folder. Either way, if you find something associated with gmail, whether in its own folder or inside the com.apple.mail folder, delete it and see if that clears it up for you.
- 04-01-2014, 09:59 AM #4
- By TeaBoy_63 in forum IntroductionsReplies: 22Last Post: 04-06-2014, 09:29 PM
- By iMore.com in forum iMore.com News DiscussionReplies: 8Last Post: 04-05-2014, 12:19 PM
- By glitch1994 in forum Jailbreaking, Unlocking, Hacks, Themes & ModsReplies: 11Last Post: 04-04-2014, 04:57 PM
- By iMore.com in forum iMore.com News DiscussionReplies: 0Last Post: 03-31-2014, 07:10 PM
- By KarenzKritterz5c in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 3Last Post: 03-30-2014, 08:18 PM