Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
+ Reply
  1. Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  
    iMore Question

Default iCloud problem

According to my iCloud account I have 24.8Gb of available storage out of 25.0Gb yet it won't let me download anything as it says my storage is almost full. According to my phone's storage however I have only used 109.1 MB. I have another iphone and ipad but they back up to my computer. Can anyone help? I can't do anything with my phone.

iMore Genius

20,845 Posts
    Global Posts
    21,726 Global Posts

Default Re: iCloud problem

Sounds like your phone is near capacity - has nothing to do with available iCloud storage.

Go to Settings>>General>>Usage - You'll see how much free space is available on the phone, and what is using your storage... you can decide what to do about it from there - delete apps, video or music... or whatever.

When you go to Settings - General - Usage, the first thing you should see is "Storage". That is the physical storage of the device itself, and it should display how much is available and how much is used. Note: That amount does not include the amount of space taken by iOS. Having said that, it is also NOT the same as iCloud Storage space which is displayed further down on the same screen. With that in mind, I can only assume that the storage on your device is almost full and will more than likely cause a crash if you force something onto it that could exceed it storage limits. If you have a ton of photos, music, video, etceteras, you might want to upload them to your computer or a cloud storage site.

Its not iCloud, its the storage on your iPhone.
    iMore Genius

14,252 Posts
    Global Posts
    18,414 Global Posts

Just out of my own curiosity do you have so much iCloud storage over the 5 GB free storage that you had to have bought is because you do your backups to iCloud Wireless whenever you charge your phone? I believe like everyone is telling you that it all lies on the phone and you should consider to to get off the phone what is pretty full be it to a cloud service like Dropbox or even an external Drive. Good luck to you.
    iMore Nanite

1 Posts

That's very helpful, thanks