ipad cellular

I

iMore Question

Hi. I am thinking of getting the mini (1 or 2 generation) and paying the extra or cellular so that I can use it easily at my parents 'no computer no wifi' house and when abroad for longer than a few days, just for easy access abroad - as finding caf?s and hotel logins not always successful - and so as not to be totally cut off when doing parent duty.

I only need small amounts of data (email, bit of browsing and maybe i-player) over shortish periods - max a week to 10 days; minimum 2 to 3 days. Is it possible to get prepaid sim cards that are good value and do not require bank details and registration, and would I be better off with the mini retina or is either fine. There are some good deals still with the mini. I don't have a smart phone and contract - so at the moment using phone as a hotspot is not an option. Some people say that doesn't work so well though.

Jaguarr40

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
Good question and Welcome. If you are currently in the U.S.A. I would call the carrier of the iPad you are considering getting cellular with. They should have all your answers and may be able to help you or at least advice you. Good Luck.

anon(5719825)

Jul 2, 2013
Visit site
I currently use AT&T on my Mini. I have the 1GB for three months at $25. I still had about 125MB left in my plan when I renewed it a few days ago. You could do something like this. If you do use all the data too fast, you simply buy another one and it starts immediately.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods