How do I determine if I need to the buy the wifi + cellular or just the wifi?

I

iMore Question

How do I determine if I need to the buy the wifi + cellular or just the wifi?

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I'm assuming this is in regard to an iPad. Anyway, unless you will be using the device on a cellular network like you do with your smartphone, the Wi-Fi only version should be sufficient, in my opinion.

Last edited:

Jaguarr40

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
I woulod always gauge on where am I going to use it and how much am I going to use it where there is no WI-FI available to you. I have WI-FI of course at home and work and when I go out if I take my iPad with me if there is WI-Fi where i am going then I will take it otherwise I don't. I would not have bought an iPad andthis is just me and my own opinion if I had to buy cellular with it. I am lucky that I have Wi-FI almost everywhere so that is what I got. Good luck.

iOS Gravity

Sep 24, 2013
Visit site
If you are constantly traveling, get the cellular. If you know that you will have wifi access, there is no need to waste money on the cellular version.

nikkisharif

Ambassador
Jun 2, 2011
Visit site
My iPad 3 is wifi only because I knew I wasn't going to be carrying it around everywhere but my rMini has cellular because I take it everywhere. If you'll be carrying it all the time, I say go with the cellular to be safe.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
INTERNET BUNDLE NOW