Birthday entries

I

iMore Question

Since having my iphone upgraded to ios7.1 I have been unable to get my birthday entries displayed in the calendar. Can you kindly assist? Much obliged
Alec pierre

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
1. Initiate the Calendars app
2. If on your iPhone, tap on "Calendars" at the bottom center of the screen.
3. Make sure there is a checkmark next to the "Birthdays" calendar. If there isn't, tap on it.
4. Tap on "Done" in the upper right corner.
5. Check to see if the birthday entries appear for you.

mumfoau

Ambassador
Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
Sorry for digging up this old thread but I have Birthdays checked in calendars on my phone and they still don't show. Any ideas? They do show if I turn on contacts for my gmail but I don't want to do that.

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Sorry for digging up this old thread but I have Birthdays checked in calendars on my phone and they still don't show. Any ideas? They do show if I turn on contacts for my gmail but I don't want to do that.

If you've included a birthdate among your contacts, at least the ones associated with iCloud, those contact names will display in the birthday calendar.

mumfoau

Ambassador
Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
If you've included a birthdate among your contacts, at least the ones associated with iCloud, those contact names will display in the birthday calendar.
Exactly. I've got birthday's for most of my contacts but they're not showing up on my calendar.

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Exactly. I've got birthday's for most of my contacts but they're not showing up on my calendar.

I don't know what to tell you, sir. I mean, I can't replicate the problem. All of the birthday entries I have that are associated with my contacts are displaying on the birthday calendar. Keep in mind, however, that although I have a total of 4 email account configured on my device, I only allow my iCloud calendar and contact information to be displayed and synced. By the way, what is your 'default calendar' as displayed in Settings - Mail, Contacts, Calendars under the Calendars section as well as the "default account" for mail?

mumfoau

Ambassador
Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
By the way, what is your 'default calendar' as displayed in Settings - Mail, Contacts, Calendars under the Calendars section as well as the "default account" for mail?

My default calendar is my name which is my iCloud account. My default email is GMail because I don't use an iCloud email account. Never have honestly.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Funny thing... They show up on my iPad calendar. Need to do some investigation on that

How many Calendars do you have? Could it be set on the wrong Calendar? I have 3 calendars. You might check all that. Here's my 3.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1438532277.222921.jpg

mumfoau

Ambassador
Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
Went into iCloud on my laptop last night and subscribed to the bday calendar. They still didn't show. Turned off calendar sync from iCloud on my phone and left it off over night. This morning I toggled contact sync as well. Don't know which one of those jump started it but my contact birthdays are on my calendar now.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro