I've restored my iPad, but now I can't recall my iCloud ID and password

I

iMore Question

hi I have had my ipad for about 3 years and it has been taking longer and longer to recharge. when I plugged it in this time it had a picture of the cable and iTunes and wouldn't charge or do anything. I plugged it into my computer and it said it needed to be restored so I restored it and it charged but now I cant use it unless I put in the id and password I used when I first bought it and I have no idea what that is. I did have it written down in my files but we have had all my paperwork destroyed with floods a couple of years ago

thanks
cath

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
hi I have had my ipad for about 3 years and it has been taking longer and longer to recharge. when I plugged it in this time it had a picture of the cable and iTunes and wouldn't charge or do anything. I plugged it into my computer and it said it needed to be restored so I restored it and it charged but now I cant use it unless I put in the id and password I used when I first bought it and I have no idea what that is. I did have it written down in my files but we have had all my paperwork destroyed with floods a couple of years ago

thanks
cath

1. Since you performed a restore, you are first greeted with the language selection screen. A little later, you are prompted to restore from a backup or set it up as new. In regard to the Apple ID, there is a SKIP option that you can use if you'd like to be able to use the iTunes/App Store later. In other words, you can get to your home screen without needing an Apple ID, if i recall correctly.
2. If you are prompted for the Apple ID to disable the iCloud activation feature, then you are flat out out of luck if you cannot recall it. PERIOD.
3. Other than that, you can try recovering your information via the following link.

Apple ID: If you forget your password

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner