Iphone 5S no service after around a month

I

iMore Question

From Craightlist I got the phone number from the seller, advertising to sell new Iphone 5S for $490.
I came to see him at a stote in Orange, and bought a TMobile Iphone 5S Gold new, in the orriginal box, the seller
H. even resized my sim card, and inserted in the new phone for me to shaow it's working. He asked for cash and
when I hesitated, he told me he can show me the serial number of the phone from the computer.

I was very wrong when believing that Apple does not sell insurance for Iphones , so no one can sell the phone then
report losing it afterwards, and this seller has a store. I accepted to buy paying cash, with no paper works except the
seller's name, and a business card of the store. The phone stops working after around a month, showing no cervice.
TMobil store checked for me and saw that the phone was reported lost. The seller says after 30 days, he has no
responsible.

Please advise me what to do. Thank you.

Chris

taz323

Mar 10, 2013
Visit site
Sorry to hear that, but if it's lock and reported stolen, there's nothing you can do to get around it.
Only thing you can do is report this person to Craigslist. Or try getting it back to the original owner.

Highrisedrifter

Sep 19, 2012
Visit site
Surely it's a crime to sell a phone then report it lost or stolen afterwards, no?

The only reason you would report it lost or stolen would be to claim on the insurance.

If that's the case, can you go to the Police and get them involved? I sure would if it happened here in teh UK but then obviously we have different laws here to the USA.

And I have to admit this is one of the many reasons why I wouldn't ever buy an item like this from eBay, Craigslist or similar places.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williams77