My friend's iphone 5 recently started giving troubles

dev_esh

Dec 11, 2013
Visit site
My friend's iphone 5 recently started giving troubles like his phone if kept idle automatically goes to sleep mode and then only when the battery level reaches Zero his phone displays a message indicating the need to charge ! Please help ! It has been more than 2 weeks ! Apple service centers wont help as he brought it from some foreign country !

Sent from my iPhone 5s

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
Well, to answer a couple of questions...

- The phone is supposed to go into sleep mode if left idle...not sure where the problem is there.
- The phone should be giving you warnings about charging the device starting at 20% and then again at 10% and obviously it'll register no battery life on the screen. If it is not giving you those warnings, you may want to try a hard reset on it (holding power and home buttons together for 10sec. and allow it to fully reboot).

...if the phone is still acting this way after a hard reboot, you will probably want to restore it. Make sure you have a proper back up before doing this though as a restore will reset everything on the phone.

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
If it doesn't wake out of sleep mode, and you haven't done any customizations via Jailbreak, you are probably looking at a restore unfortunately. If the restore doesn't help, you have either a faulty or damaged device, and in that, because it's an iPhone 5 without a warranty, you'll pretty much be better off just buying a new phone (simple repairs like screens and stuff are one thing, but major hardware failure...it's not even worth trying to fix).

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Please help folks

Sent from my iPhone 5s

Calm down. We are all volunteers here and not everyone is online when YOU need them to be. The problem with your "friend's" device could be due to a faulty or corrupt setting. It also could be a malfunctioning battery. Either way, I recommend you follow the reset steps mentioned in Sean's post above. If after the device has been restored and set up "as new", the problem still exist then more than likely you have a faulty battery. However, I think the situation will be corrected after restoring the device and setting it up as new.

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
You are apparently not reading or comprehending what is being told to you...so I'm personally done writing stuff out only to have random responses.

Jaguarr40

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
You are apparently not reading or comprehending what is being told to you...so I'm personally done writing stuff out only to have random responses.
It is a huge sense of urgency - Gotta have it now to going to I will be storing it very soon. "D said it all and so did you, Nobody can do anything else. What are the odds are hearing back from the OP?

Peligro911

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
It is a huge sense of urgency - Gotta have it now to going to I will be storing it very soon. "D said it all and so did you, Nobody can do anything else. What are the odds are hearing back from the OP?

He will restore prob will be fixed and we will never know because he is don't with us until his next emergency urgent issue

Sent from my iPhone using iMore Forums mobile app

Coachbulldog

Aug 19, 2011
Visit site

At the end of this school year I will have completed 35 years of teaching high school. For 35 years I've had interactions like this, try to answer the question reasonably, get a response that shows the person did understand a word that I said, and then wants to argue that I am wrong.

dev_esh

Dec 11, 2013
Visit site
First of all , it was my friend's iphone 5 . We had our exams so we didnt get time to restore it . I restored the iphone yesterday through dfu mode . The problem persists . When i try to use the camera the display shows lines of red and then restarts . It may not be an urgent issue to you but it is an urgent issue to me .

Sent from my iPhone 5s

Highrisedrifter

Sep 19, 2012
Visit site
Well it looks like your next port of call will be to take the phone to an Apple Store and see what they say, although if you are out of warranty you're likely out of luck but at least you might get closure on the issue though.

If you have actually restored it and the problem still persists even after a 'factory reset' then I guess it's a problem with the unit itself.

Unless anyone else has any other options though?

dev_esh

Dec 11, 2013
Visit site
Apple service centres are not ready to repair the iphone since it has not been bought from my country !

Sent from my iPhone 5s

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
INTERNET BUNDLE NOW