Can my son transfer his iTunes music to his new account?
MY SON GOT A NEW IPHONE AND HIS OLD IPHONE HE USED MY USER NAME AND PASSW. NOW HE WANTS TO GETS HIS ITUNE MUSIC OFF MY ACCOUNT AND TRANSFER IT TO HIS OWN ACCOUNT. cAN HE TRANSFER HIS ITUNES TO HIS NEW ACCOUNT AND NOT USE MY USER NAME AND PASSWORD ALL THE TIME?
PLEASE HELP?THANKS SO MUCH
- 03-29-2014, 06:24 PM #2iMore Intermediate
- 120 Posts
re: Can my son transfer his iTunes music to his new account?
iTunes music hasn't had DRM for a few years now. He just needs to copy his music from your library (iTunes folder>music) and paste it into the folder for his. If he's on a different computer just copy to a flash drive then copy to the folder on his computer. Point iTunes to that folder and they'll be there. This is how we did my daughter's. Once it's done you can delete his stuff but anything bought on your account will show in the cloud. You can easily just hide it.
If he wants them to show as purchases in his account then yes, he needs to do home sharing. Movies and TV shows still have DRM so if he wants those he will have to do the home share. We have ours set up so that when I redeem or buy a movie it auto transfers via home share to her account. Hope this helps.
Sent from my iPhone using iMore Forums mobile app
- 03-30-2014, 03:28 PM #3
- By iMore Question in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 6Last Post: 03-30-2014, 01:50 AM
- By TrixR4kids in forum Jailbreaking, Unlocking, Hacks, Themes & ModsReplies: 7Last Post: 03-30-2014, 12:37 AM
- By TrixR4kids in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 5Last Post: 03-29-2014, 07:27 PM
- By iMore.com in forum iMore.com News DiscussionReplies: 0Last Post: 03-29-2014, 12:30 PM
- By iMore.com in forum iMore.com News DiscussionReplies: 0Last Post: 03-29-2014, 12:10 PM