Document Format problem in Word, OFFICE FOR MAC 2011

johnny football hero

Nov 7, 2008
Visit site
I have MicroSoft Office 2011 installed on my MacBook. I apparently have issue with the format of my resume on Word. It is in a docx format (whatever that means). I am not a computer pro obviously.

I recently emailed out my resume to some potential employers. I got a call from a company representative mentioning there was an issue with my resume. It is 14 pages long. For example, my name is on one page, the next page has my email address, the next has my education background, etc.

I found that to be quite odd. The resume when I open it in Word and print it out is a brief and concise 1 page document. I get the same 1 page document when I email it to myself. Why is it 14 pages long in the form of an email to someone else? Is it their issue? Obviously an issue like this is going to get me overlooked for jobs. What is the issue? How do I fix this?

Please help! I'd appreciate any information.

mikeo007

Aug 11, 2012
Visit site
It might be that they have an incompatible version of office, such as 2003. When I was submitting resumes, I always sent them as PDF format. That way you can guarantee that they're seeing exactly what you see. You should be able to save as a PDF from Word by printing, then choosing to preview and then save as PDF.

Jaguarr40

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
You can also more than likely go to the top where you save it and choose PDF as told or Word Doc which is what that file extension is for word. the x is just a newer version as opposed to the older .doc version.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner