Why do numbers beep in the phone now??

I

iMore Question

I can't stand having the sounds on for phone dialing.. They magically turned on after the 7.1 update, and I can't find where the setting is hidden to turn it off - can somebody help please?

Elizabeth2

Jan 27, 2013
Visit site
I can't stand having the sounds on for phone dialing.. They magically turned on after the 7.1 update, and I can't find where the setting is hidden to turn it off - can somebody help please?

Go to Settings and select Sounds
Scroll all the way down to Keyboard and slide to off on keyboard clicks

Sent from my iPhone using iMore Forums

lmjeffers

Mar 25, 2014
Visit site
Well I want my ringers and other notification sounds to work, so muting the whole phone seems silly.

Keyboard clicks is already off.

Any other ideas??

Jaguarr40

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
So in other words then the only thing bothering you is the tones the phone dialing pad makes when you make a phone call? Is the correct? If so there is nothing you can do to turn it off. Have you thought about using Siri to say call 456-555-1212. Other than that that is it.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Personally, I rarely use the dialer. I either use the spotlight search or a web search for whoever I'm calling and then tap on the displayed phone number....You can't get any quieter than that...:)

Elizabeth2

Jan 27, 2013
Visit site
Unless you have a jailbreak on your phone you will need to flip the switch on the side of your phone to mute when using the dial keypad to have no sound emitted. Yep kinda silly :)
I rarely use the keypad

Sent from my iPhone using iMore Forums

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gokox