I can't seem to create an iCloud backup

I

iMore Question

I currently have the iPhone 4S, and I have noticed I hadn't backed up to iCloud in a long time, I purchased more iCloud space as this seemed to be the issue, now it's telling me the backup is incomplete, I've tried to initiate a back up and it just saying backing up but not doing anything, it's driving me insane, my new 5s has just arrived and want to set it up but I don't want to loose what's on my 4s as it has lots of pictures of my new baby. I am still on ios6 never did the iOS 7 update as lots of people I know had problems with the phone following it. Any advice I'm going crazy

kataran

Ambassador
Mar 11, 2013
Visit site
Ok relax

You haven't done a back up in a while and you mentioned you bought more iCloud storage so that leads me to believe you have a large data back up in the works.

You must be plugged in and on wifi to back up your device and make sure you have a strong WiFi signal it will take sometime if the back up is large

Updating your 4s to iOS 7 would have been advisable seeing as how your new 5s will be using the updated OS but it's necessary if it fails in you give it a few moments and try again

iMore Ambassador -iPhone 5s

kataran

Ambassador
Mar 11, 2013
Visit site
Also upon rereading your post you can also do an iTunes back up of your device if your iCloud back up keeps failing but I believe it's just taking time to prepare your backup and it should start along shortly

We would like you to become a member of iMore and let us know how you made out and how much your enjoying your new device

iMore Ambassador -iPhone 5s