New iPad Air - Passcode Problem

I

iMore Question

Yesterday I bought a new iPad Air, plugged it in to charge it, and left it alone. This morning, it asked me for a passcode. I've never added the passcode yesterday. I've also never synched it with iTunes.

I've already tried re-starting it holding down the "home" key. I've downloaded the newest version of iTunes, and twice tried to restore through iTunes. In each case, I receive an further message that because the passcode is missing, I can't restore it.

Any advice?

iEd

Banned
Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
Is this a brand new device from a Apple Store or a carrier store? Or did you buy it from a private seller or pawn shop?
Brand new out if the box it doesn't have a passcode. Used and new to you from a private seller it can have passcode that the original owner created. In order to restore it you need the original owners passcode.

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
Brand new iPads purchase from Apple will not automatically set a password when being setup. This would have been something YOU would have to do while setting up the iPad when it is initially turned on. If you did this and simply cannot remember what password you set, there's nothing we can do for you.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Erik4711