Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
+ Reply
  1. Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  
    iMore Question

Default New iPad Air - Passcode Problem

Yesterday I bought a new iPad Air, plugged it in to charge it, and left it alone. This morning, it asked me for a passcode. I've never added the passcode yesterday. I've also never synched it with iTunes.

I've already tried re-starting it holding down the "home" key. I've downloaded the newest version of iTunes, and twice tried to restore through iTunes. In each case, I receive an further message that because the passcode is missing, I can't restore it.

Any advice?

3,421 Posts
    Global Posts
    3,650 Global Posts

Default New iPad Air - Passcode Problem

Is this a brand new device from a Apple Store or a carrier store? Or did you buy it from a private seller or pawn shop?
    Brand new out if the box it doesn't have a passcode. Used and new to you from a private seller it can have passcode that the original owner created. In order to restore it you need the original owners passcode.

Default Re: New iPad Air - Passcode Problem

Agreed, either way you will need to go back to were you purchased it. Will need the passcode.

12,021 Posts
    Global Posts
    12,215 Global Posts

Default Re: New iPad Air - Passcode Problem

Brand new iPads purchase from Apple will not automatically set a password when being setup. This would have been something YOU would have to do while setting up the iPad when it is initially turned on. If you did this and simply cannot remember what password you set, there's nothing we can do for you.