Worth getting the original iPad Mini in 2014?

I

iMore Question

Hi there!
I know the original iPad Mini's hardware is not the best on the market right now, but this is what I can afford right now..
I'd use it to browse, watch YouTube, movies, play games, so it's pretty average..
I know the screen is not the best, just 163PPI, but my notebook's screen is 100PPI (1366x768/15,6"), so it must be better.
The RAM is just the half of the newer iPad's, so the multitasking is limited, but I can live with that.
I hope it can play normal and YouTube videos flawlessly, but if it can record 1080p then there shouldn't be any problem with that.
I don't want to play the newest games with the best graphics, just like Angry Birds / Temple Run 2 / Jetpack Joyride / Simpsons, and like these.
I hope you can help me with this, do you think the hardware is enough for these?
And what do you think how long will it be supported?
Thanks in advance!

Jaguarr40

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
No matter it is worth the money and if that is all you can afford or where you want to be spending money, You are still getting a good device. Ultimately it comes down to you having to make the decision no matter what we think. If you buy it new it will have 90 days of free phone support and 1 year of hardware support from Apple.

Speedygi

Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
Most definitely, it is an iPad first and foremost and a relatively new one (within a few years) so I would say go for it.

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
Its a 3 year old processor. The same processor that came with the iPad 2. It may not handle new OS's well. I've owned both 1st and 2nd gen minis. Pay the extra $100 to get the rMini.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73