?!?!REALLY?!?!!!!!!!!

lees womack

Mar 22, 2014
Visit site
I am a loving disabled lady who's on a very tight and fixed income. I'm SOOO irate at Apple and the fact that I was sold a "PRE OWNED" iPhone 4 as a brand new device. And the P.O.S. WONT ALLOW ME TO DOWNLOAD A ""FREE"" app. The P.O.S. won't allow me to open the pre installed app.'s that it came with!! WTH is that all about?? You have to be ""WEALTHY AND RICH"" to be able to use you're ""APPLE iPhone"" with an open line of credit???!!!!
I'M SORRY BUT I SAY B***SH**!!!! As far as I'm concerned.. ""APPLE'S"" going to have one hell of a LAW SUIT on their hands!! This is utter and inconceivable CRAP!!
Now I'm in a 2 year contract at $95.00 b4 taxes a month with a USED 2 year old device that is COMPLETELY WORTHLESS to me!!
I'm ashamed because my sweet demeanor wants REVENGE!!!!
Sorry ya all but I'm more than BENT!!
Can anyone help me??

darkpurple92

Jan 20, 2013
Visit site
Oo just chill first of all, quit raging and take life as it is. And change what can be changed in the calmest way possible not by raging through here :)

Take the iphone back and tell them to give you a new one and whatever, change ur contract and that's it. I think that if u try u can manage to pull something up with them :) But just chill don't pity yourself and act smart about it :)

Sent from my iPhone using iMore Forums

Les74

May 30, 2011
Visit site
I am a loving disabled lady who's on a very tight and fixed income. I'm SOOO irate at Apple and the fact that I was sold a "PRE OWNED" iPhone 4 as a brand new device. And the P.O.S. WONT ALLOW ME TO DOWNLOAD A ""FREE"" app. The P.O.S. won't allow me to open the pre installed app.'s that it came with!! WTH is that all about?? You have to be ""WEALTHY AND RICH"" to be able to use you're ""APPLE iPhone"" with an open line of credit???!!!!
I'M SORRY BUT I SAY B***SH**!!!! As far as I'm concerned.. ""APPLE'S"" going to have one hell of a LAW SUIT on their hands!! This is utter and inconceivable CRAP!!
Now I'm in a 2 year contract at $95.00 b4 taxes a month with a USED 2 year old device that is COMPLETELY WORTHLESS to me!!
Can anyone help me??

Ummm, did you purchase the phone from Apple? Because if you didn't, I don't see how this is Apple's fault.

Sent from my iPhone using iMore Forums app

pr1nce

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
I understand you're angry and upset. However, you've got to calm down a bit. First of all, from whom did you purchase your iPhone?

Illustrator Joe

Jan 28, 2013
Visit site
OK we may actually be able to help you if you provide more information and be a bit more objective. We get you're pissed but that isn't going to help your situation. Where did you buy the phone? Did you buy it from a 3rd party like eBay or craigslist and take it to a carrier to activate? Or did you buy it from a carrier? I am not sure if you can even buy an iphone 4 new from a carrier anymore. Also are you signed into your Apple ID on the phone? Have you set up an Apple ID? You say that you anticipated it being new but it is used. How can you tell? Was it packaged in the box with the cellophane on it? If not why would you assume it was new?

ಠ益ಠ

Last edited:

Jaguarr40

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
I truly believe that if you go back to your carrier if that is who you bought the phone from since you said on contract.....Go in and ask for the manager and discuss it with him or her only and they will normally do the right thing. They don't want you upset and you don't need to be. At least give the people where you got the phone from to do the right thing. Have a good day.:)

Jaguarr40

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
I understand trying to be diplomatic at times with these new members...but this person is an id*ot, and there is no way around that.
Sean you have been around as long as most of us if not longer and we as representatives of iMore have to be this way. It might not mean we agree with certain things said but you and I have both seen the other way if we are not so we answer them and let them rant from there. Thank you my friend. :)

anon4757448

Apr 4, 2012
Visit site
Maybe I'm off but you really sound foolish! The fact that Apple "sold" you a pre owned iPhone 4 doesn't sound right at all. Did they replace the iPhone you had with a refurbished one? That's the only way I can see you getting a 4 from Apple or any carrier.

You should probably take a breath, ask the question you want to ask, and provide enough info so that your question can be answered.

Also, although I wish I was wealthy and rich, I'm pretty sure that has nothing to do with the way your "POS" iPhone 4 works!

Sent from my iPhone 5S using Tapatalk

Les74

May 30, 2011
Visit site
Maybe I'm off but you really sound foolish! The fact that Apple "sold" you a pre owned iPhone 4 doesn't sound right at all. Did they replace the iPhone you had with a refurbished one? That's the only way I can see you getting a 4 from Apple or any carrier.

You should probably take a breath, ask the question you want to ask, and provide enough info so that your question can be answered.

Also, although I wish I was wealthy and rich, I'm pretty sure that has nothing to do with the way your "POS" iPhone 4 works!

Sent from my iPhone 5S using Tapatalk

This ^

Anyway, I'm just writing this off as another misinformed person spouting off about something they know nothing about.....which is the majority of these posts.

darkpurple92

Jan 20, 2013
Visit site
I understand trying to be diplomatic at times with these new members...but this person is an id*ot, and there is no way around that.

^ i tend to agree. i mean there are ways to solve stuff without having to rage over something so logical :)

Jaguarr40

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
This ^

Anyway, I'm just writing this off as another misinformed person spouting off about something they know nothing about.....which is the majority of these posts.

^ i tend to agree. i mean there are ways to solve stuff without having to rage over something so logical :)

Nonetheless while I would tend to agree with you and you as members can answer anyway you feel it to be a dignified answer without being offensive, We as Members representing our forum and Mobile Nations have to be careful and answer everything the best way we can and hope for the best - I hope you understand where I am coming from?:)

pr1nce

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
I tend to agree with most of what all of you have said. I also know that I have to assume that the OP is having real issues with their device. If the OP would calmly give us more information we might be able to help them. It does no one any good to revert to name calling. If the OP wants to give us a chance to help, great. If not, we'll move on.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I am a loving disabled lady who's on a very tight and fixed income.
Okay, well, welcome to iMore.
I'm SOOO irate at Apple and the fact that I was sold a "PRE OWNED" iPhone 4 as a brand new device.
Were you indeed sold a pre-owned iPhone 4 or did you receive a replacement device in like-new condition? If the latter, that is normal, but if you bought the device thinking it was new, you need to go back to where you purchased it and state your case.
And the P.O.S. WONT ALLOW ME TO DOWNLOAD A ""FREE"" app.
Make sure that you are logged in to the iTunes/App Store and are connected to the internet via Wi-Fi or cellular data. If you've never downloaded anything from the App Store, you will need to provide a debit/credit card or an iTunes gift card in order to download any apps, including any free ones.
The P.O.S. won't allow me to open the pre installed app.'s that it came with!! WTH is that all about??
I don't know. You should be able to open the Calendar, Reminders, iMessage or any other pre-installed apps. Have you tried turning the phone off and then turning it back on?
You have to be ""WEALTHY AND RICH"" to be able to use you're ""APPLE iPhone"" with an open line of credit???!!!!
I am proof that you do not have to be "wealthy and rich" to use an iPhone.
I'M SORRY BUT I SAY B***SH**!!!! As far as I'm concerned.. ""APPLE'S"" going to have one hell of a LAW SUIT on their hands!!
You can sue all you want, but the most you're going to get is a replacement device or assistance in getting the device you have to work like it is suppose to.
This is utter and inconceivable CRAP!!
Can anyone help me??
Apple's customer service is outstanding. They will bend over backwards to assist customers who purchase their numerous products. Having said that, I recommend that you make a Genius Bar appointment with the nearest Apple Store and let them get your device up and running for you. In the meantime, if you care to provide us with more detail, we will do our best to help you. :)

Haalcyon

Jan 26, 2014
Visit site

ROFL you kill me man (in a good way). Lol. ...and I don't wanna lol, because the OP is so upset and all, but d@mn, too funny.

***** about 5 minutes pass *****

Minutes later and I'm still laugh'n and now my wife want's to know why.

via the tablet

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jobaeit