At my wit's end! ARGH! iPhone Storage 0 bytes even after deleting, rebooting, etc.

edyb

Jul 5, 2013
Visit site
Hi folks,

I have an iPhone 5c with OS 7.0.4 (11B554a)... For the past few weeks I have been getting less and less storage available, and now I have STORAGE 0 BYTES showing.... This is despite NOT installing any new apps. I have a few Podcasts I subscribe to, but they set to delete episodes and I also have manually deleted every episode! And I also have gone in and deleted EVERY PHOTO.

This phone is not even used on a plan... It is WiFi only. I am a mobile app developer and received the phone for developing apps. I am convinced there is a bug in the OS. I deleted 280 MB worth of photos in my Photo album and still it shows 0 bytes free. I also rebooted the phone (held down power button and home button until screen went blank).... Still 0 bytes free.

Anyone have any idea what the heck is going on?

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
When you go to Settings - General - Software Update, is the iOS 7.1 update listed? If so, that could be the problem.

edyb

Jul 5, 2013
Visit site
Yes the update is listed and I cannot install it either because there is no room. Can I not just forget the update for now and go on with the phone the way it is? Even if the update installed some temporary files, how could deleting 280 MB of photos not instantly have shown that I have 280 MB of free storage available as soon as I checked it?

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73