My iPhone 4 is acting crazy help!

Megan Blok

Sep 18, 2013
Visit site
When I try to launch google maps, or angry birds the screen goes black as if it's gonna launch and then nothing happens.

Incoming messages won't be marked as read, the red icon badge will display that there's an unread message until I delete it.

I soft reseted today and no change. Any ideas other than restoring the phone as new? Can't do that until tomorrow.

Sent from my Gold iPhone 5s 

Jaguarr40

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
You can take each step one at a time but it sounds like whenever you have the time and after doing a proper backup you might be better off restoring your phone and do a clean install and if like me doing it the other day you will gain space to and the phone will perform better as well.

Megan Blok

Sep 18, 2013
Visit site
Yeah I know restoring the phone does wonders for performance and such. I just don't have the time to do it and load all my stuff back onto it until tomorrow so I was hoping for any other ideas until tomorrow. In the mean time the phone is basically useless.

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
That sounds odd. Apps not loading usually indicates that there was an issue when the apps were written to the phone to begin with (or the springboard that allows such)...in either case, this would pretty much leave a restore as your best option.

Out of curiosity, were these apps EVER working properly? Is this something that just started happening randomly? If so, I would get in touch with Apple and have them replace it for me, because it sounds like the logic board inside may be failing or having communication issues (which would probably lead to failure down the road). While it's under warranty, why not let Apple figure it out instead of sitting there trying to yourself? Know what I mean?

Megan Blok

Sep 18, 2013
Visit site
That sounds odd. Apps not loading usually indicates that there was an issue when the apps were written to the phone to begin with (or the springboard that allows such)...in either case, this would pretty much leave a restore as your best option.

Out of curiosity, were these apps EVER working properly? Is this something that just started happening randomly? If so, I would get in touch with Apple and have them replace it for me, because it sounds like the logic board inside may be failing or having communication issues (which would probably lead to failure down the road). While it's under warranty, why not let Apple figure it out instead of sitting there trying to yourself? Know what I mean?

I don't think it is under warranty anymore. The phone was loaned to me by my aunt. And it just started happening after I updated to 7.1 the performance was worse and then this happened.

Last edited:

Jaguarr40

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site

I don't think it is under warranty anymore. The phone was loaned to me by my aunt.

Sean seems to be leaning the same way as I suggested with a restore. You can still use it in the meantime for calls and messages right or at least calls? Lastly How can it not be under warranty if it is a 5S. It has to be as long as if you can get you aunt to go to Apple with you like again Sean suggested - A replacement. #Just Sayin.

Megan Blok

Sep 18, 2013
Visit site
It's my moms phone I just figured it would be easier to just say it's mine then explain the whole story. My moms sister leant her an iphone 4 that is going haywire after she got iOS 7.1 update.

Jaguarr40

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
No it's an iphone 4

Well when I see iPhone 5S sent from and you don't give out the info needed to help you properly it is a bit hard to read your mind seeing one thing and now find out it is an iPhone 4. Sometimes in hear in order to get PROPER help you need to explain the entire story. I am really sorry but I don't know what to tell you other than what we both already suggested. Good luck.

Megan Blok

Sep 18, 2013
Visit site
Well when I see iPhone 5S sent from and you don't give out the info needed to help you properly it is a bit hard to read your mind seeing one thing and now find out it is an iPhone 4. Sometimes in hear in order to get PROPER help you need to explain the entire story. I am really sorry but I don't know what to tell you other than what we both already suggested. Good luck.

Well the title was my iphone 4 is acting crazy, but yes I quickly found giving the whole story was better lol. My mom said the apps not launching randomly started happening. But she's been having performance issues since the 7.1 update. I already told her to disable spotlight search, and background app refresh, and had her turn on reduce motion. She said she's soft reseted several times.

Jaguarr40

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
Well the title was my iphone 4 is acting crazy, but yes I quickly found giving the whole story was better lol. My mom said the apps not launching randomly started happening. But she's been having performance issues since the 7.1 update. I already told her to disable spotlight search, and background app refresh, and had her turn on reduce motion. She said she's soft reseted several times.

Ok I will give you Megan that I misread your title - that is on me ok.... I still think that you truly need to do a restore period because everything you told her to do is not going to help with the issues you are having and the phone may be coming to a slow death too. I am sorry about the mixup. If the restore does not work I am afraid you are going to have a 4 with not much else to give.

Megan Blok

Sep 18, 2013
Visit site
Yeah I figured. I told her we can't know anything until she restores. Thank you for your help guys! I appreciate it.

Jaguarr40

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
Yeah I figured. I told her we can't know anything until she restores. Thank you for your help guys! I appreciate it.

Anytime and I hope it works out for you and you can do something. If you need anything else let us know. :)

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro