iCloud backup - don't backup messages?

I

iMore Question

I'm trying to backup my iPhone and only want to backup photos, videos, and contacts. However, it says iCloud cannot backup because I have too much in my storage. But when I go into Usage it says 2.8 GB are from messages. I would think I could just go into iCloud and toggle off messages but that isn't an option under iCloud. How do I make it so it doesn't backup messages?

Jaguarr40

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
When you do an I cloud backup and you are doing it all correct including wanting to turn off messages but i am afraid that this is not one you can toggle off I am sorry to say so that is going to ber included in your backup.
You can either turn everything off except what you mentioned that you do want to backup, You can buy more storage, You can switch your backups to iTuines where there is no limit and that is what I do. Or do a clean install the drastic way to go to gain some space. I did one the other day and gained back over 2GBs of space and i had no problems. Other than a few of these options i gave you to thing about not much else you can do but either way messages will be included in both.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
waeriyadh