What will happen if i turn off (delete) my icloud account?

I

iMore Question

what will happen if i turn off (delete) my icloud account? what will i loose? will it effect my phone in any way?

Jaguarr40

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
You won't be able to do a backup to iCloud - Only iTunes and there are quite a few other things, Why do you want to delete your iCloud Acct.

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
It will not affect your iPhone in terms of performance, but it will remove the ability for the device to do wireless backups (which means you will have to hardwire your device to iTunes and manually backup the device for restore purposes). iCloud is simply a wireless backup for your stuff, and like Jag asked, I'm also curious why you would want to turn it off...

jessxoxo

Jun 15, 2014
Visit site
Just wondering once you've deleted it can you make a different account? Because my iCloud account on my phone is my dads and it keeps asking me for the password but I don't know it.

Speedygi

Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
Just wondering once you've deleted it can you make a different account? Because my iCloud account on my phone is my dads and it keeps asking me for the password but I don't know it.

You should be able to retreive your password, that is, if you still remember the answers to your security questions.

If not, you can always make a different account. There's nothing stopping you from doing so.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
It sounds like you need your own iCloud account. If you share iTunes Apple ID with your Dad, you can continue to do that. You only need change your iCloud ID. You will need to use a different email address and password than the one used for iTunes. This will give you your own 5 gb of storage in iCloud. As it is, you share 5 gb with others on your Dad's account.

Sent from from my iPhone 5

Icey Dude

Apr 9, 2016
Visit site
I have a 4g, if I turn off an iCloud account, and log in until another one, will it delete all the data of the video games I play, I play clash of clans, will it delete the data if I change accounts?

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I have a 4g
A 4G what?
if I turn off an iCloud account, and log in until another one, will it delete all the data of the video games I play, I play clash of clans, will it delete the data if I change accounts?
If you have an iPhone, iPOD Touch or an iPad, and you sign out of iCloud, it will not affect your games, at least not to my knowledge.

Martina Stuart

Dec 18, 2016
Visit site
I Have managed to open an i cloud account on my laptop and an apple account on my i pad with different ids and passwords. needless to say they will not communicate with each other how do i correct this

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
cos i have anaged to open an i cloud acconut and an aple account and they can not communicate

They are one and the same. You opened 2 iCloud accounts. Delete one and log in to the one you said is your Apple ID.
Note: Be careful. You're limited to only 3 iCloud accounts per device. Don't create any new ones.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
I have a 4g, if I turn off an iCloud account, and log in until another one, will it delete all the data of the video games I play, I play clash of clans, will it delete the data if I change accounts?

No, the game data will still be there when you log back in.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2