Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
+ Reply
  1. Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  
    iMore Question

Default Getting a Divorce, Verizon expensive

Im getting a divorce and am considering moving from Verizon to a cheaper carrier. I need three lines, at least 6 gig and need probably 2 new phones. Also might need three because my daughters new iphone s is from Verizon and if I'm understanding correctly the phone cannot be unlocked by another carier. No sim card. Trying to decide what plan to go with.

12,021 Posts
    Global Posts
    12,215 Global Posts

Default Re: Getting a Divorce, Verizon expensive

Not sure what the divorce information had to do with the situation...but I guess I'm confused what the issue is here. If you need a cheaper phone plan, go get a cheaper phone plan from another carrier. Tmobile offers some pretty decent plans that are typically cheaper than AT&T, Verizon or Sprint, and they now offer pretty much the same phones that you find anywhere else (including all the iPhones).

To answer the question about Verizon iPhone's though...if it's the 5S, the Verizon model is sold unlocked, so you don't have to worry about that. If you have a contract with them though, you would definitely have to pay the contract termination fee on each line that you would be moving over to whichever carrier you choose. That will probably be quite expensive, just FYI.

8,230 Posts
    Global Posts
    8,342 Global Posts

Default Re: Getting a Divorce, Verizon expensive

You in luck with your daughters 5S. While it won't work on Sprint it should work on ATT or tmobile or any of their resellers.