4s pain

I

iMore Question

I recently replaced a broken screen and faulty charging dock on an iPhone 4s, all went very well and when I turned on it worked perfectly without a SIM card inserted. My problem is when I insert a SIM card, after a few minutes the screen starts to jump and flicker as if it's being affected by the network signal. When I remove the SIM, the flickering stops. Any advice would be very welcome, cheers

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
It's tough to pin point what exactly it is because so many things can happen when you do repairs internally yourself. Connectivity issues can arise when a wire isn't tucked away or properly seated to the board...interference issues can arise when the antenna isn't properly set in place or the various buffers in between pieces aren't set right. The iPhone has such small real estate on the inside, it becomes very detrimental to replace parts EXACTLY as they were when they were in there stock...something as small as the thickness of the SIM card can cause a part to press against something and give you these weird symptoms.

Also, it's very possible that the parts themselves were not to precise OE spec and could be causing said issues.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2