Ios 7.1 update broke facebook app

I

iMore Question

I have an iPad 2 & just updated last night to 7.1. It didn't "fix" anything for me, but now I can't get my Facebook app to work. I hit the fb icon, it starts to come up, but then immediately shuts down. No matter hiw many times I try, it will not work. I have even shut down the device completely & left it off a while, started it back up, but it still won't work.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Peligro911

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
I have an iPad 2 & just updated last night to 7.1. It didn't "fix" anything for me, but now I can't get my Facebook app to work. I hit the fb icon, it starts to come up, but then immediately shuts down. No matter hiw many times I try, it will not work. I have even shut down the device completely & left it off a while, started it back up, but it still won't work.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Yes delete the app and re install

Sent from my iPhone using iMore Forums mobile app

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
These firmware updates can't technically change an app...so installing iOS 7.1 wouldn't really have that kind of effect on the app itself. In a more simple term, updating your firmware can't "break" an app unless the app wasn't properly built to run on said firmware (and given what was updated recently, I doubt this seriously).

Out of curiosity, have you kept up with your app updates on this device? Facebook hasn't released an official "7.1" update, but from what I can see, they did have one in late February that MAY have included some compatibility updates as well. This could be the cause of your issue.

mikenyc2

Aug 2, 2008
Visit site
I have the same FB issue. Also Calendar 5 crashes. Feedly comes up, but when I try to post an article to FB Feedly crashes. Remember, FB is embedded now inside IOS 7 (at least the logon info is). Wonder if it is all related.

Blackcash

Dec 2, 2010
Visit site
Facebook just came out with an update. It says "improvements for reliability and speed". Maybe that will fix the problem you're having.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
forwardsmychoice