apple tv and router distance
I have my router on my main floor and my Apple TV in my basement but my signal keeps dropping in and out . How close does the router need to be near Apple TV to keep a strong consistent signal?
- 03-16-2014, 05:36 PM #2
- 03-16-2014, 05:39 PM #3
- 03-16-2014, 06:03 PM #4
- 03-16-2014, 06:31 PM #5
Re: apple tv and router distance
I have my router downstairs and a Apple TV upstairs and no problems streaming.
I have my router on a table right next to my living room TV with a Chromecast about 2 feet apart.
They both can have issues with streaming no matter the distance if my wifi speed gets screwy which it does on occasion.
I'm not certain but a new router could be a issue.
My sister had a issue where her Galaxy S3 wouldn't wouldn't automatically connect to her home wifi if she left and returned home but it would connect to my network faithfully when she would visit leave and come back.She got a new router problem solved.
- By iOS Gravity in forum Apple Services DiscussionReplies: 5Last Post: 10-25-2014, 04:00 PM
- By Amamba in forum iCloudReplies: 55Last Post: 03-22-2014, 09:09 AM
- By iMore.com in forum iMore.com News DiscussionReplies: 5Last Post: 03-16-2014, 09:35 PM
- By jaleelhamid in forum Apple TVReplies: 8Last Post: 03-16-2014, 07:02 PM
- By iMore.com in forum iMore.com News DiscussionReplies: 0Last Post: 03-16-2014, 09:00 AM