Base Imac 27inch model good enough? or maybe a mac mini?

Wreckus

Sep 30, 2013
Visit site
I work from home and I use citrix to connect to work. My current custom built windows machine keeps on disconnecting from citrix and I stopped using it to connect to work. I am currently using my macbook air to connect to work via wifi and I get absolutely no disconnects at all when I use it for work (which is every day now).

I am thinking of getting an 27 inch Imac as I currently have a 27 inch samsung monitor and I don't want to lose much screen space and having a better resolution than 1080p will be more welcome and helping while I am connected to work. However, I do some gaming and the main game I play is world of warcraft (rest is on the consoles for the most part) and I'm not sure how well the geforce 755m will handle world of warcraft now & in the future as I would like to get the graphic settings to at least high. Lastly, does anyone have issues with the wifi on the 27inch?

Another option is getting the mac mini and use my current samsung 27 inch monitor. The only disadvantage is the intel graphic cards and the processor is a bit outdated.

Planning to get the imac tomorrow and going to get a future shop credit card to get it so I can pay monthly as well as I don't want to put it on my regular credit card (trying to pay that off). So any replies & opinions would be most welcome.

Jaguarr40

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
Well I am just a bit confused...Any 27" iMac base or otherwise as long as you take into acct to get what you seem to be use to now in size.
I f you are asking us how or which way you should go paying for it you may want to be in a rush and think about it, You have to pay got it, We don't know what you do or how much you make and what you can afford but you do so that would have to be more up to you. If I am misreading this I am sorry but I just don't quite get the part on the credit cards and so on.
Wait and see how others read your question and see what they make of it and how they answer. Good luck.

PS Now that i read this a bit more I am totally sorry but i get more confused because you opened this because it was work related and turned into gaming, What credit card to use yours or the stores where they normally defer interest. You are even naming specific games so I now have no idea where you are going with this. I really am sorry but i am not getting it so maybe someone else will read it different than me and give you a better answer as I just don't know where to go with it and don't want to confuse you with what I don't understand. Sorry.

Wreckus

Sep 30, 2013
Visit site
Sorry about the confusion. I'm just curious how good the 755m is for some gaming and how is other's experience with the wifi on the Imacs (any issues, bugs, etc) as it will be my primary way to connect to the internet & to work via citrix.

Jaguarr40

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
Sorry about the confusion. I'm just curious how good the 755m is for some gaming and how is other's experience with the wifi on the Imacs (any issues, bugs, etc) as it will be my primary way to connect to the internet & to work via citrix.
Please excuse me but if you are having a problem with a custom built windows machine staying connected in essense to the internet what is the monitor size going to have to do with this, That was your opening line about constantly being disconnected from your work computer using citrix. You keep bringing up gaming and work so i am lost. I am going to bow out with no disrespect to you at all but I just cannot help you. Again good luck.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods