Which MacBook Pro should I get?

I

iMore Question

Hi, I'm thinking about getting a MacBook Pro for learning to developing game apps for the iOS and i cant decide whether to get the 13" or the 15". Note that i will also use it for school and i don't want it to be too big for me so i would think it's a hazzle having it outside of its case. I also want it to be able to handle other sorts of softwares so i can create things by my own. (Music Software and Picture/Modelling Software).
It's between the 13" Haswell MacBook Pro 1,499 $ and the 15" Haswell MacBook Pro 1,999 $

Ludwig Jonsson

Mar 14, 2014
Visit site
No but ofcourse the 15" is better for software because of the extra 2.1 inches. But will the hardware make a big diffrence in Video Editing, Music Editing. Or school work. Will it feel clumsy when i take it out/in of its bag and will it make me think twice before taking it out, like it was some sort of burden?
/Thx

Ludwig Jonsson

Mar 14, 2014
Visit site
ok but does the hardware make a big diffrence in Video Editing, Music Editing and Picture Editing? And is is worth getting a MacBook Pro at this time? Won't they update them soon?

/Thx

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
Depends on what software you're talking about too...there's HUGE differences between different kinds of the same category of software. There's also a pretty substantial difference in the loads they put on the machine between the different programs. Just generically saying "Video, Music and Picture editing" really isn't a good indicator of what kind of power you'd need...but I can assure you, either of those MBP's (13" or 15") will more than handle pretty much ANY editing program you load on them.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williams77