Airplay and Control Center

I

iMore Question

I have a 4th generation Mini iPad and have updated to the latest iOS (7.1). I am looking into purchasing Apple TV, and having swiped the bezel at the bottom of my screen, I do not have the Airplay icon or indeed the Flashlight or Calculator in The Control Center. Why is this and how do I go about rectifying it? Obviously, I don't want to spend a hundred pounds on another device if I can't utilise it to its full potential!

kataran

Ambassador
Mar 11, 2013
Visit site
The Control Center is still the same in iOS 7.1 go to Settings>Control Center and make sure you have the Access within Apps toggled on if not you can only access it from the Home Screen

Sent from my iPhone 5s Gold 64GB

T Summers

Mar 14, 2014
Visit site
kataran

Thanks, tried your suggestion, turned off my iPad and restarted it, but to no avail. Still the same Airdrop, Airplane Mode etc - no Airplay/Flashlight etc. Would appreciate it if you have any other suggestions.
Regards

kataran

Ambassador
Mar 11, 2013
Visit site
Welcome to iMore T 😃

As mentioned by Karen airplay will only show in CC when a device is near so you shouldn't have any problems with Your ATV but the lack of Flashlight and Calculator is a concern it should be there

Can you post a screen shot for us I believe you it's just something I would like to see

Your last resort would be to backup your device and restore via iTunes I know it's an ordeal

Sent from my iPhone 5s Gold 64GB

T Summers

Mar 14, 2014
Visit site
kataran
Thanks for that. Will purchase ATV and hopefully there won't be a problem. Should there be, then I'll message you again if that's okay with you (not unduly concerned about the Flashlight et al at present). Many thanks once again.
Regards

T Summers

Mar 14, 2014
Visit site
Screen shot as requested.
Regards image.jpg

iEd

Banned
Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
That's correct. There will be no Airplay option until a Apple TV is detected.
I have a iPad 2 on 7.1 that only shows Airplay.( I have a Apple TV) No calc no flashlight because there is no camera flash.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR