I made some changes to my iphone to save battery life. I actually made it worse. I charged it last night, it was 100%, now this morning it is at 72% without any use. My battery life was pretty decent before I made those changes. I should not have messed with it especially since I am not tech person. Most of the changes I made were in the notification center and to email. Any advice for what I should check? Something is draining the battery, I just don't know what to check. Too bad there is not a restore button. Thanks.
- 03-14-2014, 07:09 AM #2
Changes you made in the notification center, in my opinion, would not have that kind of drastic effect on your battery life. So I think we can rule that portion out.
Email is a tough one...the problem is that even email fetch and push settings should not effect battery life like that, but an email fetch that gets stuck (perhaps due to a bad network connection) could put a big drain on the battery as it will sit in a loop trying to complete the task of fetching emails. This SHOULDN'T be happening, but it's possible (and would be more in line with checking connection to the cellular/WiFi network than it would adjusting anything the iPhone is doing itself).
...if you want a fool proof way of getting back to square one, do a restore. Connect your device to iTunes and make sure you have a recent backup. Again, I don't see either of those adjustments you claimed to have made being the issue here, but anything is possible. A restore would also (theoretically) fix any weird performance issue you may be having with an app draining battery life as well.
- 03-14-2014, 07:10 AM #3
1. Do you recall the changes you made? If so, undo them.
2. Did you create a backup of your device prior to making the changes? If so, restore that backup.
3. General battery savings tips can be found via the following links:
5 battery life fixes for iOS 7 and iPhone 5s! | iMore
Want to save iPhone and iPad battery life? Start with Notification Center! | iMore
- 03-14-2014, 08:36 AM #4
- 03-15-2014, 10:01 AM #6
- By mumfoau in forum iOS 7.1Replies: 64Last Post: 07-17-2014, 12:51 AM
- By sicpuppy in forum General Apple News & DiscussionReplies: 48Last Post: 03-27-2014, 06:30 PM
- By Sekelani Zwambila in forum Jailbreaking, Unlocking, Hacks, Themes & ModsReplies: 4Last Post: 03-12-2014, 04:05 PM
- By pr1nce in forum General Apple News & DiscussionReplies: 9Last Post: 03-11-2014, 07:38 AM
- By iMore Question in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 2Last Post: 03-09-2014, 12:32 PM