imessage can not be read
I installed the latest software update on my iPhone 4S. Now anyone without an iphone can not read my imessages. At first I thought it was only a problem with group messages. However, it is also happening when only one recipient cell phone is listed to receive my imessage. My iphone contacts receive my imessages just fine. Any fixes out there.
Judy in Palo Alto
- 03-12-2014, 06:01 PM #2
Re: imessage can not be read
"iMessages" can only be received by iOS devices running iOS 5 or higher, and with Mac computers running at least OS X Mountain Lion. Having said that, non iPhone or Mac user will NOT get your 'iMessages", however, they should be able to receive your SMS messages sent via the Messages app. Now, if your recipients do not have iMessage enabled, then they would also not receive your iMessages. You can do several things:
1. Reboot your device.
2. Double check to see which is set in the "Send & Receive" section of the Messages Settings -- your phone number or Apple ID? If it is your phone number and others are trying to send to your Apple ID, there could be issues. The same goes for the phone number. You and your recipients must be on the same page in that regard.
3. Sign out of iMessage and then sign back in.
- By iMore Question in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 3Last Post: 03-29-2016, 06:55 PM
- By rodeTrip in forum iPhone 5sReplies: 21Last Post: 04-05-2014, 01:56 PM
- By EmceeGeek in forum iOS 8Replies: 9Last Post: 03-25-2014, 06:20 PM
- By iMore.com in forum iMore.com News DiscussionReplies: 0Last Post: 03-12-2014, 03:10 PM
- By EmceeGeek in forum iOSReplies: 1Last Post: 03-12-2014, 10:48 AM