After updating to iOS 7.1, my Gevey SIM no longer works.

I

iMore Question

I have an iPhone 5s, Its carrier locked and i have been using R Sim (gevey Sim), It was working fine untill yesterday I updated it onto iOS 7.1..!
Now it says sim not valid..!
Any idea how can i get back on to iOS 7.0.6?
Or how I can activate the Gevey sim again?

098v

Sep 8, 2013
Visit site
Sim Activation

Well you're stuck and according muscle nerd's twitter you can't downgrade from iOS 7.1 to anything lower even with your SHSH Blobs saved unless you're on the iPhone 4, your only other option is waiting until Gevey SIM updates their stuff to work on iOS 7.1

Edit: here's his tweet
https://twitter.com/musclenerd/status/443080497023819776

Tapin and talkin from my iPhone

Jaguarr40

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
I have an iPhone 5s, Its carrier locked and i have been using R Sim (gevey Sim), It was working fine untill yesterday I updated it onto iOS 7.1..!
Now it says sim not valid..!
Any idea how can i get back on to iOS 7.0.6?
Or how I can activate the Gevey sim again?
Where did you buy the first one that worked until the update? 7.0.6. was unsigned by Apple an hour after 7.1 was released preventing you from going back so I would contact the carrier first and see if they can or will unlock it. That is your easiest option. You can also contact where you got your gevy sim just in case and find out if they have one to support 7.1 as a backup. Good luck.

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
Just out of curiosity, since you guys are using a very niche work around to make these phones work in your country...is there a reason why you're not going to the source FIRST for support? If Gevey is providing you with an unlock work around SIM, my first thought would be that contacting them to find out about firmware support would be the most sensible option...

jumbledup07

May 18, 2014
Visit site
Any idea about when is the new gevey sim for iphone5s 7.1.1 releasing?
Using my phone on airplane mode from last month and It's literally killing me!

ramandeepsingh1

May 29, 2015
Visit site
Use your friend's iPhone SIM tray and see if it works. If Yes, then remove the gevey chip from your SIM tray so that only frame remains, now put your SIM and try again.

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2