Transfer files/folders Mac to Mac
What is the best and simplest way to transfer files from an old Mac to a new Macbook Pro? ethernet cable, wifi, firewire, thunderbolt etc.
- 03-12-2014, 09:29 AM #2
- 03-12-2014, 09:31 AM #3
Re: Transfer files/folders Mac to Mac
If you have a thunderbolt cable that will be fastest. Set the old Mac into target-disk mode (allows it to be seen as an external drive). It should be an option in Preferences->Start Mode or something like that. Reboot the old Mac for that mode to take effect. Connect a thunderbolt or USB cable from old to new Mac. New Mac should now see it as an external drive in Finder. Copy stuff over.
Or if you have a time machine backup of the old Mac you can restore it to the new Mac.
- By sicpuppy in forum iPad 3Replies: 5Last Post: 07-21-2014, 08:52 AM
- By iMore.com in forum iMore.com News DiscussionReplies: 8Last Post: 03-20-2014, 07:26 PM
- By kizax in forum iPhone 5sReplies: 6Last Post: 03-12-2014, 11:42 AM
- By acerace113 in forum Jailbreaking, Unlocking, Hacks, Themes & ModsReplies: 1Last Post: 03-12-2014, 09:49 AM
- By iMore Question in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 2Last Post: 03-12-2014, 07:15 AM