Why can't people of the UK get iTunes Radio?

bazn

Feb 26, 2014
Visit site
Why can't people of the uk get iTunes Radio when I'm sure behind the US uk brings apple a lot of revenue !!!! Is this something apple will look at or not ?

Sent from my iPad using iMore Forums

bazn

Feb 26, 2014
Visit site
Thanks guys I just find it very unfair ! As we have to pay through our noses for apple products in the uk and dont get the same service as in the US, if apple are going to sell the product they really need to make sure it's the same worldwide ! There big enough and it's not a little company we are talking about here they have the money to make sure. People of the uk can get iTunes Radio at the end if the day we've paid for it!

Sent from my iPhone using iMore Forums ( baz )

avmsam

Aug 18, 2009
Visit site
Relax. You're not the only country. Most tv/video/music services from American companies start off as US only and eventually make it to lots of others like UK, Canada etc. in fact Apple has one of the better track records for just this. Take a look at how many countries the iTunes Store is in compared to google play and amazon. I'm in Canada and patiently waiting for iTunes Radio as well. I've become very accustom to waiting for things Americans already have. Apple said they're expanding it this year. I believe it's already made it's way to Australia.

Also, there's very legitimate reasons for why this happens. There's lots of legal/copyright things to do and deals to make. Btw, there are always unofficial workarounds but I'll leave those up to you to figure out (google it).

It has nothing to do with money. Apple would welcome the greater revenue but it's not a matter of money. I feel your pain though. In Canada we're right next door to the US and always end up waiting longer, paying more or not getting services/products at all. It's been like 5 years since Google said google voice is coming to canada. Pandora is still non existent here. Still waiting on Spotify. We've got Netflix but our library of content is a fraction of the US one. A lot of it has to do with the politics of the studios/record companies and the horrible copyright laws.

Again, many have resorted to DNS/VPN workarounds. Explore at your own risk as legality may vary in your country and I'm not even sure about the forum rules on discussing DNS/VPN workarounds. For iTunes Radio specifically I believe you don't even need to go that route. I think you just need a US iTunes account which is easy to get even if you're not in the US. Google it.

Last edited:

Speedygi

Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
I don't get iTunes Radio officially here in Singapore as well, but like iTunes Match came here, I have no doubt Radio will follow.

It's only a matter of time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

iBright

Mar 19, 2014
Visit site
I'm in China yet I use iTunes Radio. It a matter of changing your address to USA which I think it's not so hard to do. Please google

iPhone 5S 16GB Gold

rayz336

Mar 10, 2011
Visit site
Thanks guys I just find it very unfair ! As we have to pay through our noses for apple products in the uk and dont get the same service as in the US, if apple are going to sell the product they really need to make sure it's the same worldwide ! There big enough and it's not a little company we are talking about here they have the money to make sure. People of the uk can get iTunes Radio at the end if the day we've paid for it!

Sent from my iPhone using iMore Forums ( baz )

It boils down to music companies, which are not the quickest to embrace change. Negotiations with major labels can take a lot longer than expected.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
INTERNET BUNDLE NOW