Black tint across the top of my lock screen and wallpaper

toph toyosaki

Apr 9, 2014
Visit site
While I agree with what you've said, I don't think it's brand loyalty. I think he just can't see it. No big deal. I don't think anyone expected him to fix the issue.
i hear you. it's just that i happen to have very poor eyesight myself but can clearly see the issue in the example provided by mzengr (it is much less noticeable in the example provided by acerace113). i'm not used to my eyes seeing something that someone else cannot. actually this would be the first time. but they say there's a first time for everything.

anon4757448

Apr 4, 2012
Visit site
i hear you. it's just that i happen to have very poor eyesight myself but can clearly see the issue in the example provided by mzengr (it is much less noticeable in the example provided by acerace113). i'm not used to my eyes seeing something that someone else cannot. actually this would be the first time. but they say there's a first time for everything.

Same wallpapers have the tint on my iPad also...and the larger screen makes it much more noticeable.

Anyway I just wanted to let the people who were experiencing the same thing know that there's nothing wrong with their phones.

Oh, and my eyesight sucks also! LOL

Sent from my iPhone 5S using Tapatalk

aaallaannn

May 1, 2014
Visit site
I have the same problem, I think what happens is that over a darker wallpaper, the time and date are in a white font and the dark tint appears. Over a light background, gray text appears and the tint is gone. I just wish there was a way to stop it from automatically choosing which tint/font color to use

unicornscx

Jul 2, 2014
Visit site
this isn't a glitch for the person saying that apple doesn't listen. it's a new feature to make it easier to tell the time and date. I know it bugs me too but this doesn't mean that apple sucks or anything..

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
So I just updates for 7.1 and I noticed that I had this tint on the upper part of my screen. Reduce motion is turned off. I still don't get it. It's still there and it's bumming me out a lot.
I posted about this recently in another thread. It shows mostly on light colored wallpapers after they have been set. Apple wants the time and date to stand out on the lock screen and the apps to "pop" on the home screen. Maybe if they get enough complaints...

Sent from from my iPhone 5

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Makes a wallpaper look dirty. ImageUploadedByTapatalk1404331649.080841.jpg

Sent from from my iPhone 5

billybbro

Jul 5, 2014
Visit site
This is soooo annoying ,,, it happens to me as I zoom into pictures or create a wallpaper from my photos! It happens no matter what picture or wallpaper I choose! (iPhone 5s) I love my phone but this is one of the things that WILL cause me or other iPhone lovers to switch! I deal w the fact u have to pay for all music but I'm not gna settle for bad pictures also! I hope this problem is fixed soon, if I keep noticing problems then my only option will have to be to warn all buyers! Please help w this issue!!!

HankAZ

Banned
Jul 26, 2012
Visit site
This is soooo annoying ,,, it happens to me as I zoom into pictures or create a wallpaper from my photos! It happens no matter what picture or wallpaper I choose! (iPhone 5s) I love my phone but this is one of the things that WILL cause me or other iPhone lovers to switch! I deal w the fact u have to pay for all music but I'm not gna settle for bad pictures also! I hope this problem is fixed soon, if I keep noticing problems then my only option will have to be to warn all buyers! Please help w this issue!!!

Wow. You have to pay for all of your music? What a shame. Those musicians, lyricists and composers should give it away. Their kids don’t need to eat.

If you’re so bent on having stuff your way, either jailbreak or find a platform that you can customize. Just beware of malware and random crashes.

Shame on Apple. Just another reason why Apple is doomed. SMH.

jonarp

Jul 20, 2014
Visit site
I have a small black line that's recently appeared in the middle of my wallpaper. It wasn't originally on the photo, and it's just recently appeared. It's not a huge deal, it's just confusing!

qbnkelt

Mar 17, 2012
Visit site
I remember this shading since iOS7. I really like It because it shades the top and bottom icons making them easy to view.

And the shading is dependent on the predominant colour of the wallpaper.

On darker colours wallpaper the top banding disappears.

3e3a9a7e.jpg

e4u7upan.jpg

Sent from my beautiful Gold 64G iPhone 5s using iMore Forums

KennyHeLiang

Oct 7, 2014
Visit site
I dont know if is just me, but i found out a way to remove it. Not always work, but suddenly, after long time trying, you can remove it. Go choose a picture for your wallpaper, then when you are adjusing the wallpaper, go and slide it down, slide it a few times, and the black tint will go away, but if you touch the wallpaper again, then it will appear again. If the black tint just go away for a second then appear again, then, go pit from the app or settings, and go back in again, and try it. It work for me and i found this glitch. Hope this will help

karenacuffhendricks

Sep 26, 2016
Visit site
I am so appalled by this response that is represented as help by Apple. Scolding people for Bad mouthing Apple, because they are upset with their expensive device, is not something representatives of Apple could conceivably do . iIf this is a legit site then these cheap hires are gone. If ithere is any reason why anyone would want to come here , after that, for information, just answer the damn question . Why did the lock screen on iPads go dark?

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR