Travelling the World with a MacBook Air?

I

iMore Question

Hello iExperts...

I face a connundrum.

I currenlty own a 10inch netbook (Samsung) which for prolonged use is use-less. I also own a 13 inch Fujitsu who dies when I unplug him. Needless to say an upgrade is WAY over-due.

However.... I leave beautiful London in November for 5 years on the road. I start in South East Asia and follow it closely with Australia ( hot countries ) which will encompass a mere 18 months of my trip - where I go after that is anyones guess and I am open to suggestions.

It is however, my aim to work on the road. I have no discernable website but one will arrive soon, I will write / blog / photograph my way across our beautiful planet and need a robust, all-singing-all-dancing little number to take with me.

Most important is weight (sorry), then functionality - but looking at other models (sorry if I offend anyone) - the Samsung ATIV Book 9 Lite - I am loathed to pay another ?400-?500 for something that is not what I want - The Apple MacBook Air 13inch - and have to face this connundrum again down the road "whilst on the road" when it packs up and I have to get another - so need a little advise.

Security aside ( I will have to face that like the best of them and not let it out of my sight ) am I right to swap from Windows to Mac, will it survivie the heated conditions considering the fact I might never let it out of my site and carry it everywhere in my mini-backpack, will it survive as long as I think it will with TLC considering I am not the kind to drop it and get the new lastest installment from Apple... I like to keep my expensive purchases...

I just need a little help I think making that massive step from a mid-range Windows laptop for ?480 to justifying an extra ?300 on an Apple that "might" get stolen but might not...? ( I will be getting a refurbished model not a bran new one so to speak)

Hope this makes sense.....

The Wandering Mog..(Kat)..

jclisenby

Feb 2, 2012
Visit site
I say go for it. You won't find another computer with the combined portability and functionality of the Air.

Tappin and Talkin from my iPhone 5

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73