Has anyone ever purchased a used iPad from GameStop?

tbarker2

Feb 28, 2014
Visit site
Hello, has anyone ever purchased a used iPad from GameStop? If so what should I be aware of when looking? Thanks for your assistance!

Sent from my iPhone using iMore Forums

Jaguarr40

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
No I have not, Make sure it is totally unlocked and ready to use or create and Apple ID and password and set it up in the store along with Find My phone - A security feature and see if they give you any warranty at all. In other words if you can walk out working buy it.

tbarker2

Feb 28, 2014
Visit site
No I have not, Make sure it is totally unlocked and ready to use or create and Apple ID and password and set it up in the store along with Find My phone - A security feature and see if they give you any warranty at all. In other words if you can walk out working buy it.

Thank you for your response. I'm getting a new one and would like to get a used one for a gift.

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
Gamestop requires the previous owner to do a full reset to the device when they are traded in...from what I understand though, Gamestop is a used device retailer only. In that, understanding that most Gamestop employees are underpaid teens and early 20 somethings...I would be wary as to the kind of "condition filter" they actually give these devices on trade in. I mean if they're game trade in practices are any indication of the type of person who would trade in a device like an iPad there, that'd probably be enough for me to look else where in my opinion.

tbarker2

Feb 28, 2014
Visit site
Gamestop requires the previous owner to do a full reset to the device when they are traded in...from what I understand though, Gamestop is a used device retailer only. In that, understanding that most Gamestop employees are underpaid teens and early 20 somethings...I would be wary as to the kind of "condition filter" they actually give these devices on trade in. I mean if they're game trade in practices are any indication of the type of person who would trade in a device like an iPad there, that'd probably be enough for me to look else where in my opinion.

tbarker2

Feb 28, 2014
Visit site

Thank you! Good information!!

Jaguarr40

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
I understand and Sean also brings a good point to be considered - If you are going to buy a new and used, Why don't you buy direct from Apple since you will play the same price new no matter where but if you but a refurb, You will buy one which Apple scrutinizes and makes sure it is about new as can be with a warranty. Peace of mind and no worries as to whether it is going to work or not. That might be the best choice. Look it up in the refurb section of Apple. They don't give you a gigantic price break but peace of mind is worth the difference in the money along with the best CS on the market.

tbarker2

Feb 28, 2014
Visit site
I understand and Sean also brings a good point to be considered - If you are going to buy a new and used, Why don't you buy direct from Apple since you will play the same price new no matter where but if you but a refurb, You will buy one which Apple scrutinizes and makes sure it is about new as can be with a warranty. Peace of mind and no worries as to whether it is going to work or not. That might be the best choice. Look it up in the refurb section of Apple. They don't give you a gigantic price break but peace of mind is worth the difference in the money along with the best CS on the market.

What do you think about Best Buy or maybe Frys Electronics?

Jaguarr40

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
What I think I already told you. I would go with an Apple refurb for the used and go at the same time with the new and one stop peace of mind and shopping at the same time. You cannot go wrong with Apple and their CS best ion the industry. I am not speaking for Sean who is trying to help also and i do know he is very high on the CS aspect of Apple like I am. Their components are second to none. Now it is up to you.

tbarker2

Feb 28, 2014
Visit site
What I think I already told you. I would go with an Apple refurb for the used and go at the same time with the new and one stop peace of mind and shopping at the same time. You cannot go wrong with Apple and their CS best ion the industry. I am not speaking for Sean who is trying to help also and i do know he is very high on the CS aspect of Apple like I am. Their components are second to none. Now it is up to you.

I'm sorry I was not clearer. I looked Refurb Ipads up on Apples website and nothing came up. I will continue to do my research. Thank you for your assistance and have a great evening.

nikkisharif

Ambassador
Jun 2, 2011
Visit site
I agree with Sean but I would also say it depends what GameStop you go to. The ones in my little city are very reputable and there are no teens working there, surprisingly LOL. You can also have them test it before you buy it.

serglb

Dec 8, 2013
Visit site
The "teens" that are working at GameStop are pretty tech savvy. I'm sure they would know how to distinguish between a poor condition-excellent condition iPad. Ask if you can view the iPad before purchasing maybe?

Sent from my Blue iPhone 5C using Tapatalk 😊

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR