Bought 2nd Hand Iphone but suddenly it says Lost Mode and I can't use it

I

iMore Question

I bought second hand iPhone 4, transaction is okay. but later on that day, when I opened, it flashes a custom message (meaning lost mode is activated). It requires a passcode so I tried calling the seller but I can't reach her anymore. I don't know how to open my iPhone again and I don't understand why she's hiding from me now. :(

098v

Sep 8, 2013
Visit site
I'm sorry my friend but you're now the owner of an expensive piece of metal that can't be used now, if you have their email try that( if you already tried please disregard this one) or try and contact the site, if bought off of something like eBay, and file a claim, and if you bought it on kijiji well same as I said on the top it's worthless now.

Tapin and talkin from my iPhone

Haalcyon

Jan 26, 2014
Visit site
That would infuriate me to no end. That's exactly the kind of reason why I refuse to buy 2nd-hand phones. Good luck, I hope you are able to track the seller down and get justice. :-(

{iRiidium} Technophile. 4 of 4 

Elizabeth2

Jan 27, 2013
Visit site
Very sad lesson on the pitfalls of buying a used device. Hopefully your story will caution others to check out the device prior to payment.
Good Luck. I hope you can get your money back

Sent from my iPad mini using the iMore Forum App❤️

Jan 20, 2014
Visit site
That would infuriate me to no end. That's exactly the kind of reason why I refuse to buy 2nd-hand phones. Good luck, I hope you are able to track the seller down and get justice. :-(

{iRiidium} Technophile. 4 of 4 

I agree completely. I could save a bit by buying second hand, I know. Reading stories like this make it worth pitching in the extra amount for a new one though. Paying for peace of mind, it's totally worth it.

Right?

?Sent from a very sexy device... Rawr?

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2