How to reset an iPad mini?

I

iMore Question

I have an iPad mini and the previous owner left info on it. I reset most of it but now it's telling me to type a password for iCloud and ?
E******
Does this mean the previous user had an iCloud account and password?

Jaguarr40

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
That is exactly what that means and if you bought it, I hate to say you bought something that cannot be used because of the activation lock that Apple used now to prevent illegal use. You would have to totally go in and totally erase the info and then turn off Find mt Phone should have been done before everything, It requires to enter the Apple ID and password, Without these 2 pieces of info no matter what else you can't go ant further. Contact the person and get your money back of the info you need that I just mentioned and set up your own Apple ID. What you have now is a paperweight that will do you no good.

phreddyl

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
That is exactly what that means and if you bought it, I hate to say you bought something that cannot be used because of the activation lock that Apple used now to prevent illegal use. You would have to totally go in and totally erase the info and then turn off Find mt Phone should have been done before everything, It requires to enter the Apple ID and password, Without these 2 pieces of info no matter what else you can't go ant further. Contact the person and get your money back of the info you need that I just mentioned and set up your own Apple ID. What you have now is a paperweight that will do you no good.

Told ya it was more than 20 a month 😜

cinematicme

Dec 10, 2013
Visit site
I have an iPad mini and the previous owner left info on it. I reset most of it but now it's telling me to type a password for iCloud and ?
E******
Does this mean the previous user had an iCloud account and password?

Contact the previous owner and ask them to remove it from their iCloud account. Without the Apple ID login, or it being removed from the previous owners iCloud account, you just bought yourself a paperweight.

If you have a bill of sale, you may possibly be able to get apple to remove it, but your going to have to prove you purchased it legitimately and that the previous owner has not contacted you. Basically your going to have to go through the motions before they will remove it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gokox