Is it possible to get cydia with out jailbreaking?

I

iMore Question

I have been an adroid user up untill yesterday when a friend gave me a an iphone 5 so I'm very ignorant with the product. I have seen a lot of subjects leading me to believe there are ways to get cydia with out jailbreaking the phone? If this is true can someone direct explain to me the path I take to do this?

098v

Sep 8, 2013
Visit site
Short and sweet answer, no, if you'd like an explanation here's why; the iPhone does not allow apps to be installed without the use of the built in AppStore unlike the android phones that allow the use of either SD Card or their built in AppStore, jail breaking allows you to gain root access to do such things on your iDevice as well as much more.

Tapin and talkin from my iPhone

vikesfan0827

Mar 9, 2014
Visit site
You can mess up a android by rooting it very easily while on the other hand jail breaking is a much more secure system.. When I explain it to others I tell them jail breaking gives you the backdoor key to the house... Rooting gives you the master key... Problem being is they don't tell you what doors not to open on a android

Shannon's iPhone using Tapatalk

bobbob1016

Dec 4, 2010
Visit site
I have been an adroid user up untill yesterday when a friend gave me a an iphone 5 so I'm very ignorant with the product. I have seen a lot of subjects leading me to believe there are ways to get cydia with out jailbreaking the phone? If this is true can someone direct explain to me the path I take to do this?

No, it's easier than rooting, but it can mess up your phone if you install conflicting plugins, it can confuse things.

You can mess up a android by rooting it very easily while on the other hand jail breaking is a much more secure system.. When I explain it to others I tell them jail breaking gives you the backdoor key to the house... Rooting gives you the master key... Problem being is they don't tell you what doors not to open on a android

Shannon's iPhone using Tapatalk

I'd say more that you can mess an Android up *during* rooting it, not so much after. I make android backups daily (automatically) so I can go back to whatever whenever. iOS, if I want to restore, I have to re-jailbreak, and hope my stuff is there, as I can't see the contents of the backup.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73