Attaching contact to open text message

I

iMore Question

Is there a way to attach that a contact on your iPhone while you're in open text? In other words, if someone texts me and asks me for someone's contact information how do I reply to their text message and just attached the contact to that reply message? I know you can cut and paste the information into the text message, but it is there an easier way where you can forward all the contact information?

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Is there a way to attach that a contact on your iPhone while you're in open text? In other words, if someone texts me and asks me for someone's contact information how do I reply to their text message and just attached the contact to that reply message? I know you can cut and paste the information into the text message, but it is there an easier way where you can forward all the contact information?

If you go to your Contacts and select the contact you want to send to the person you're currently chatting with, all you have to do is begin typing the person's name or phone number) and the contact card will ready to send in the current chat thread.

Richard Flamish

Feb 28, 2017
Visit site
Sorry, neither one of these answers the question "from an OPEN message". I/they don't want to go to the Contacts screen, I/they want to do it directly from the Open Message?

SwitchBeach

Sep 2, 2013
Visit site
Sorry, but that functionality is not available in the native Messages app.

You will need to follow the steps provided above.

Rob Phillips

iPhone X & Apple TV Champion, Moderator
Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
Sorry, neither one of these answers the question "from an OPEN message". I/they don't want to go to the Contacts screen, I/they want to do it directly from the Open Message?

Please keep in mind that this thread is literally three years old. That being said--and as @SwitchBeach also stated--that functionality simply doesn't exist in the native Messages app.

Annie_M

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site
I literally just did this. I opened my contacts, and pressed the number of the person that I wanted to share Tula menu popped up. I selected copy, then returned to the open text and then pasted the number in.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
I literally just did this. I opened my contacts, and pressed the number of the person that I wanted to share Tula menu popped up. I selected copy, then returned to the open text and then pasted the number in.

I do that in recents on numbers I'm not familiar with, then go to Hiya app and check the number.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
You can share an entire contact card without leaving the messages app. Go from the thread to the thread list. Choose a contact, tap the "i". Tap name. Scroll down to share contact. Share. Go back to thread.

Dave Nielsen

Apr 17, 2020
Visit site
Is there a way to attach that a contact on your iPhone while you're in open text?

I had a similar problem b/c I wanted to share my Contact Card with my friends in a large group text. Turns out the best way to do this is to open your Contacts App, select yourself as the contact, scroll to the bottom of your contact profile, choose Share Contact, and THEN look for the group text in the list of recent text messages. Click on it. And then you can share it with the group text! Woop woop!:cool:

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Modernormal