Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree41Likes
    iMore Elite

2,631 Posts
    Global Posts
    2,702 Global Posts

Default Re: Why is Apple so popular?

I've been using Apple products since I was a kid. iMac (grade school days), then the iPods came out (classic, then first gen iPod Touch); iPhone came in 2007; bought a used plastic MacBook in 11th grade for $300-$600 (don't remember) and after I graduated in 2009 I bought myself the big MacBook Pro. I've had Window computers between those times but nothing compares to Apple. I've had a few PCs die on me but I've had my MacBook pro since 2009 and it runs like a champ, I have a 2012 iMac which runs flawlessly, iPad 3 is flawless, iPhones are flawless; why not stay with a company that works for me? I could careless about popularity. Every companies goes through their popular stages though (sidekick, blackberry, android, iPhone and something will come after this).

3,421 Posts
    Global Posts
    3,650 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by BallisticMissionary View Post
    The reason is that they started with a stylish product that does what it's intended for flawlessly. Then they capitalized on it by taking advantage of the population's vulnerability to group psychology, or "sheep mentality", to market the product. From then on it sells itself.

I have a Blackberry Q10 with the latest OS. It is far more capable and efficient than any apple product. Best phone I've ever had, but nobody knows about it because it is against the flow of the majority. Salespeople don't know how to use it. Blackberry didn't really market it or give any incentive to buy it. Only the few who know and do research would consider it. Blackberry had lost the sense of what the public desired, or at least how to use it to sell a product. Honestly, BB10 is simply amazing.
    BB missed the boat a long time ago. They could have been a contender if they would have paid attention to where mobile phone technology was was going.
    BB 10 may be a good OS. But nobody cares when you have people using old versions of Android and iOS and satisfied.
    My buddy just updated to iOS 7. You know how he did it? He bought a 5S he had no interest whatsoever of updating his iPhone 4 to iOS 7. There a lot of folks out there like that. That don't care if BB 10 handles this or that more efficiently than iOS or Android.

iOS and Android are dug in. It doesn't matter how amazing BB 10 is. Most folks want iOS or Android the majority of people. This fact simply makes iOS and Android much more amazing than BB 10.

Simplicity and reliable
    the_tech_eater likes this.
    iMore Expert

873 Posts
    Global Posts
    8,871 Global Posts

Default Why is Apple so popular?

When you consistently combine well designed, easy-to-use products with great customer support how can you NOT be popular?

{iRiidium} Sent from my liberated iridium rMini LTE
    iMore Beginner

50 Posts

I was a android user for yrs until my wife bought me a iPod 4.. The only advantage to a android is you can personalize them... Jail breaking does this for iPhones and Apple runs a tight ship so they are much more stable and secure...

Shannon's iPhone using Tapatalk
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12