Restore jailbroken Iphone 5: Need advice

JustanIphoneuser

Mar 4, 2014
Visit site
Hi,

So my iphone 5 is jailbroken. I used evasi0s 7 to do that.
And now I just want to unjailbreak it.

There's nothing wrong with it, I just want to go back to stock.

Now my question was that if i restore my iphone 5 will there be any problems? :confused:
Cause when I went back to stock with my Galaxy note II n7100, the imei changed and I had no signal so I couldn't send messages etc.

I googled it and it just show how to do it and I already know that.

Thanks in advance. :)

jburke82

Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
The last time I jailbroke, I simply did a back up of my phone, restored it as new, and then restored from the backup. That took care of the jailbreak. That was a little while ago, so I don't know if it is the same now.

saichick04

Nov 2, 2011
Visit site
There should be no issues however I've read in the past that once jailbroken fragments of that jailbreak are still on the phone even when restored. Kinda like when you delete something it's never "really" deleted. But those people could have been full of it lol. I personally have jailbroken and unjailbroken quite a few phones in my day. I didn't have any issues. I can see your concern coming from an Android phone. When you root those things it really changes the phone on the inside. 😊 good luck!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JustanIphoneuser

Mar 4, 2014
Visit site
There should be no issues however I've read in the past that once jailbroken fragments of that jailbreak are still on the phone even when restored. Kinda like when you delete something it's never "really" deleted. But those people could have been full of it lol. I personally have jailbroken and unjailbroken quite a few phones in my day. I didn't have any issues. I can see your concern coming from an Android phone. When you root those things it really changes the phone on the inside. �� good luck!

I didn't have the time to do it, but what if I still want to be jailbroken but want to remove all data from my phone. I heard of Ilex rat, but is it safe?

saichick04

Nov 2, 2011
Visit site
A normal reset from the general menu should do the trick if you're already jailbroken. Someone pitch in if I'm wrong lol

acerace113

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
I didn't have the time to do it, but what if I still want to be jailbroken but want to remove all data from my phone. I heard of Ilex rat, but is it safe?

I'm not sure if anything has been updated for iOS 7 yet to do so. The only thing I know of is to restore to remove all data on the phone if you are on iOS 7. Do not use the erase all content and setting to clear your phone.

Sent from my iPhone 5S or 5th gen iPod Touch using Tapatalk

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
To undo your Jailbreak either hook up to iTunes and hit restore then restore from your backup or put the phone in DFU mode and do a restore. Yes the Jailbreak elements will stick around in the file system when restoring from a backup but they are ignored by the OS. I have JBen my iPhones for 5 years and restored from backup each time. I never had issues. It's not to say you wont have issues anything is possible but it is highly unlikely.

Sent from my Space Grey iPhone 5s

saichick04

Nov 2, 2011
Visit site
To undo your Jailbreak either hook up to iTunes and hit restore then restore from your backup or put the phone in DFU mode and do a restore. Yes the Jailbreak elements will stick around in the file system when restoring from a backup but they are ignored by the OS. I have JBen my iPhones for 5 years and restored from backup each time. I never had issues. It's not to say you wont have issues anything is possible but it is highly unlikely.

Sent from my Space Grey iPhone 5s

Bingo! :)

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro