iPhone 4 "Other" Category and CleanMyPhone

OMMBoy

Dec 21, 2010
Visit site
I've noticed my 16 GB iPhone's "Other" category is nearly 6 GB in size but have no idea how it got that large -- I've heard it could contain app junk files, cookies, text messages, voicemails, etc. Looking for ways to clear up the "Other" category, I stumbled across this Mac app which claims it can reclaim drive space. Has anyone had experience with this app?

Thanks,
Chris

Last edited by a moderator:

iHackPro

Jul 7, 2013
Visit site
Over time, that category will get larger, and if you ever have failed syncs, I've heard that it gets bigger. I haven't seen one 6GB though. My iPhone's is 1.27GB currently. It seems as though a backup and restore via iTunes gets the category down to a realistic size.

OMMBoy

Dec 21, 2010
Visit site
Thanks for your reply, Darren and Kataran! I was able to recover a total of 2 GB using the Restore process and the CleanMyPhone app, but I was able to recover even more space by deleting all the "read" items in the "Reading List" and only keeping the "unread" items. After nearly a year of adding items to the list, I easily had over 200 items which I had to delete one-by-one. What a pain! LOL! Not sure why Apple didn't make it easier to delete multiple items at once, or delete automatically after reading...

Thanks for your help!

Chris

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
forwardsmychoice