iPod touch 4th gen.

sip1995

Mar 3, 2014
Visit site
I'm planning to buy an iPod touch 4th generation, but I have some questions. The 4th Gen goes only to IOS 6.1 so how many apps are available for IOS 6.1 in the App store ? Is it worth it to give money for the iPod touch ?

Jaguarr40

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
It is if you think it is and I would say Apple is not going to miss out with consumers on their Flagship iPod. When you look for apps for it, It is going to tell you in the App store if it is available for iPod Touch 4th Gen or not.

linsiris

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
The iPod touch is still an awesome device if you ask me. I can't tell you how many apps are available for ios6, but sadly most apps are updating to ios7 as a minimum. I have an iTouch 4G updated to the latest ios6, but I find it very slow, not worth it for gaming anymore, even though I've restored it a couple of times, that's why I only use it for music.
So if you want to make an investment that's going to last longer and enjoy the best and newest apps and ios7 updates to come, buy a 5Gen if you can.

Tapatalkeando

cinematicme

Dec 10, 2013
Visit site
I'm planning to buy an iPod touch 4th generation, but I have some questions. The 4th Gen goes only to IOS 6.1 so how many apps are available for IOS 6.1 in the App store ? Is it worth it to give money for the iPod touch ?

5th Gen iPod touch without camera is $229, with camera $299

Honestly, get a 5th gen in what you can afford, the 4th gen touch is going to the graveyard , slowly but surely.

You might spend $100+ on a 4th gen to have to replace it next year because nothing supports it anymore.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mikeo007

Aug 11, 2012
Visit site
5th Gen iPod touch without camera is $229, with camera $299

Honestly, get a 5th gen in what you can afford, the 4th gen touch is going to the graveyard , slowly but surely.

You might spend $100+ on a 4th gen to have to replace it next year because nothing supports it anymore.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Agreed. 4th gen is pretty far behind at this point, it's going to be 4 years old this year. Unless you're getting it for almost nothing, it's probably worth it to spend a bit more on a 5th gen.

Remember, the 4th gen is lacking iOS7 and the larger screen that most apps are being designed for these days. It's also quite slow at every day tasks like web browsing. It will work ok for a music player, or some older games/apps, but not much else.

rayz336

Mar 10, 2011
Visit site

If you want to, you could buy a 32gb refurbished 5th gen iPod from Apple for $219

jack6191

Jun 20, 2013
Visit site
I am using an iPod touch 5 gen...go for it...4 gen is really outdated...as it is tough to give latest os updates with old hardware.
As for apps I would say you will get almost all apps that you get for iPhone
Some may not be available(rare case), but I don't think you will even realise the lacking of any apps.
Yes whatsapp is not available for iPod but you can download it in your pc and install using ifunbox.. Good luck !!

sip1995

Mar 3, 2014
Visit site
Thanks a lot folks, I change my mind and I go for the 5th gen without rear camera for ?220=$309. As I can see the 4th gen is slow and I want the iPod for gaming,browsing,music,messaging.

meashishnd

Jul 11, 2013
Visit site
IMO : if u can afford money for that tha you have to go with 5th gen for more functions - graphics and design wise its too slick and look so dazzling

acerace113

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
I have the 5th gen iPod touch and I can say it's way more better than the 4th gen. The A5 chip in it is still pretty good and runs iOS 7 good and has the same iOS 7 features as the iPhone 5.

Sent from my 5th gen iPod touch or iPhone 5S using Tapatalk

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods