iBook PDF file syncing

I

iMore Question

I can add a PDF file to iBooks in the Mac App then sync my iOS device via iTunes and the PDF appears on iOS device.
Shouldn't I be able to add a PDF file to iBooks on iOS device, sync with iTunes, and have it show up in Mac iBooks as well as any other iOS devices sync'd with the same iTunes library?

nikkisharif

Ambassador
Jun 2, 2011
Visit site
I can add a PDF file to iBooks in the Mac App then sync my iOS device via iTunes and the PDF appears on iOS device.
Shouldn't I be able to add a PDF file to iBooks on iOS device, sync with iTunes, and have it show up in Mac iBooks as well as any other iOS devices sync'd with the same iTunes library?

That is correct. Once you connect your device to your Mac, your PDFs should sync to your iBooks library. If you wanted the PDFs to show up on another iDevice, you would need to connect that device to your Mac & sync it because there's no iTunes Match type service for iBooks yet.

dhartrum

Mar 3, 2014
Visit site
I was hoping it should work as you describe but when I add items to ios device and then sync with cable via iTunes they are not moving to the osx version of iBooks or showing up,in iTunes. Any suggestion about what I might be doing wrong. I have checked all the obvious sync settings.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner