Which MacBook Air!

iCeborg

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
Ok I didn't know there were so many iterations of the same laptop!

From the screen size to the processor, from the retina to non-retina to hard disk space! Phew!

I will make it simple, I will do the following with it:

1. Will mainly do a lot of writing and office work (Pages, Keynote, Office Suite)

2. Browse the Internet for official work (Safari)

3. Listen to Music while writing/working (iTunes)

Now can you guys help me pick one device with the right config?

Reason why I chose to go with Apple and not any other company/brand/os: Quality. Enough Said!

Thanks for reading!

phreddyl

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
I would go to a local retailer who carries them- That way you can look at both screen sizes and determine which is best. I personally prefer the smaller one for easier transport but everyone is different.

rayz336

Mar 10, 2011
Visit site
I'd say go use them at Best Buy or an Apple Store and storage will be your choice based on how big your iTunes library is and whether you'll keep it on an external hard drive

nikkisharif

Ambassador
Jun 2, 2011
Visit site
I agree with the others. Go to your nearest retailer and check out the 11" & 13", then decide which one you like the best. As far as storage goes, it doesn't seem like you would need that much but that also depends on your music library. I have an 11" with 128GB and I use iTunes Match so I can have access to my entire library while on the road without using a tone of storage. This also isn't my main laptop, so I didn't need a bunch of storage. Whichever one you choose, I'm sure you'll enjoy it. Good Luck!!!

iCeborg

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
Hi all..thanks a lot..I went to the Apple Store ..a couple of them actually..looks like 13 is better than 11..yea even I think 128 is more than enough for me.. This is strictly going to be for work. So music and videos gonna be minimal...I love mac and love the OS! I just walked past all the other brands in the other stores and checked out the Air. Enough of going around the bush..and I am assuming i5 is more than enough right..

Sent from iCeborg's iPad.

nikkisharif

Ambassador
Jun 2, 2011
Visit site
Hi all..thanks a lot..I went to the Apple Store ..a couple of them actually..looks like 13 is better than 11..yea even I think 128 is more than enough for me.. This is strictly going to be for work. So music and videos gonna be minimal...I love mac and love the OS! I just walked past all the other brands in the other stores and checked out the Air. Enough of going around the bush..and I am assuming i5 is more than enough right..

Awesome!!! I definitely think that's more than enough for what you're looking for.

dc9super80

Apr 30, 2013
Visit site
I went with the 11, because it was amazingly ultraportable in my opinion. That said, the screen size though small doesn?t bother me because I use it mostly for work, and I have a 21in Monitor on my desk which I connect to my MacBook Air. When I am on the run, I benefit from it?s very small size. I love this machine.

iCeborg

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
I saw the 11" and it kinda looked like my Mini. I can't work on my Mini for long hours.

13 looked like a laptop.

Hmm..think it's a no brainer. BTW, this was really a very long time back on a friend's Air, but does any one experience electric shocks from the Aluminium at the hand rest?

iCeborg

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
A friend of mine purchased the exact same model I want to get...however..he told me in the 128GB model, all u get is 100GB...now that's far too less than I expected...any ways I can get around this...

iCeborg

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
Could someone just tell me what is the charging cycle like? I dont want to kill my battery by charging it for more hours than using it. Anyone?

iCeborg

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
Apple's recommendation is just to use the laptop. And not leave it plugged in all the time. I think the example from their documentation is something like a commuter whom uses on unplugged on a train on the way to work, then plugs it in at work for a while, unplugs to use in a meeting, plugs in again for a while, unplugged use on the way home on the train, etc. the Apple website has more details.

Cool..I think I will follow that...thanks..

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner