Need Help Deciding Which Mac to Get?

I

iMore Question

So I'm needing a laptop for everyday use and more. I'm new to Macs but I know they are good computers and wanting to know which one to get. I'm going to use it for mainly school which I'm in college and write a lot of papers and do research. I'm also surfin te web frequently, on social media sites such as twitter and Facebook a lot, as well on YouTube a bit. I'm a music buff and will contain a bunch of music. I'm starting to DJ a little and wanting to make remixes in my spare time. I use a lot of applications such as iTunes, photoshop, Microsoft office, and other applications. So as you can see, I need a computer that is reliable, fast, and contain a bit of storage as I'm wanting to use it fr school, music, social media, etc. I've thought about refurbished ones and seen one for $700. It wa a MacBook Air and the model from mid 2011. Here's the info for it, is it a good deal or something newer or a pro.

Display: 11.6? TFT LED-backlit active-matrix glossy display (1366 x 768 max resolution)
Processor: Intel Core i5 I5-2467M 1.6GHz (up to 2.3 GHz turbo) dual-core processor
RAM: 4GB
Graphics: HD Graphics 3000
Storage: 128GB Solid state drive
Optical Drive: none
Communication: 802.11a/b/g/n Wi-Fi, Bluetooth 4.0
Audio: Integrated stereo speakers
Keyboard: Backlit full-size keyboard
Mouse/Touchpad/Input device: Trackpad (Inertial)
Webcam: Integrated "FaceTime" video camera with integrated microphone
Memory card reader: not specified
Ports: 1x Thunderbolt video output (backwards compatible with Mini DisplayPort), 2x USB 2.0, 3.5mm Analog audio output
Security: no security lock
Battery: 35 Wh Li-Poly 5 hour life battery
Dimensions: 0.11-0.68? x 11.8? x 7.56?
Weight: 2.38 pounds

Please let me know your input. All is appreciated

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Based on the description above, that particular Mac should be sufficient for you, in my opinion...:)

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
It'll be sufficient for what you posted, but I think I'd spend the extra couple hundred bucks and get the newer processor setup just to future proof it a bit.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73