Updating ios 7.0.4 to 7.0.6 (r sim)

Markiee

Nov 11, 2013
Visit site
Alright so i have iphone 5 and currently running ios 7.0.4, its jailbroken and the unit is locked in verizon. Im from the Philippines so in order to unlock my iphone is to use an R SIM and my local sim here. I just want to update my phone to latest software version so if thats the case will i get any issues since its jailbroken and im using RSIM? Im currently back up my apps and files to itunes and i know i will loose my jailbroken if i update to the new os and thats fine since after it jailbroke im sarting to have several issues on my iphone. Any help will be appreciated. *** Sorry for my english not my native language

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
The update did not add any legitimate features, and from what I understand, was just an SSL verification adjustment for some bug that allowed an exploit. If your phone is performing properly now, you should not worry about this firmware update.

Markiee

Nov 11, 2013
Visit site
The update did not add any legitimate features, and from what I understand, was just an SSL verification adjustment for some bug that allowed an exploit. If your phone is performing properly now, you should not worry about this firmware update.

Okay so if in case ill update this to the upcoming 7.1 what procedures should i take first? Will r sim still work after update?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
I guess the first step you will want to make sure of is that there is in fact a jailbreak for 7.1 before you upgrade...afterwards, it should be no different than what you did when you jailbroke 7.0.4...the RSIM should function in the same way. I will say, however, that I've never personally used an RSIM, so you may want to check and see if there are specific things that a firmware update can effect regarding such.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2