Help: Backup Photos and Videos Only in iPad Mini Retina

I

iMore Question

Hi!

I'm planning to backup Camera Roll/Photos and Videos from my iPad Mini Retina. Is it possible to do a backup then restore my Photos and Videos ONLY using iCloud? I'm planning to do a fresh factory reset/restore of my iPad Mini Retina.
But I read some articles that when you do a backup from iCloud, some data like messages from iMessage will also be included on your backup, so it will appear again on your freshly restored iPad and the caches from the messages of iMessage will appear again on the "Usage" in Settings.. I'm a little bit confused now, though I'm really planning to restore via iCloud because this much easier for a noob like me :)

P.S. - I wouldn't mind downloading all of my previous apps again after restore, just as long as I can backup and restore my Photos/Videos ONLY.

Hoping for your kind help. Thanks.

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
The backup is going to include a lot more than just the photos and videos...even if you were to revert the phone to where there were no apps or music installed on it, the backup would still include quite an assortment of information (which essentially returns the phone to a usable state by yourself after a restore).

If you are using a mac, you can use the native "Image Capture" program to backup your pictures and videos...I'm sure there is a similar function on a Windows based machine, I just don't know the name of what it would be. This would hold your files there on your computer and then you could simply Reset the iPhone completely and there would be no trace of your previous usage on the device itself...afterwards, resync the photo and video files to the iPhone.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2